IGNORED

The sudden death of my closest friend Enrique Scanlon (EScanlon)

beandip

This has shocked me as well.

Enrique was the best.

I've been with this site since 2005 and hearing from Beandip about his passing has hit me as hard as when Carl Stahlnecker (AKA: Bambikiller) passed away.

You just thought that guys like Carl and Enrique would always be here posting wisdom and knowledge. It was like the sun coming up.

He will be missed-----a sad, sad day indeed------ but he will be remembered always.

My deepest condolences to his family and his many friends.

Jim D.

"Zup"

Maybe we could have some kind of rememberance at ZCon 2013 for him.

Bryan,

Let's talk. I am on the planning committee for ZCON 2013. I think it would be a great idea to honor E's memory in some way at the Convention this year.

I really considered E as a part of a special group of gifted posters here that I hold in high regard. He and others like him are always willing to share their wealth of knowledge to all the come to this site for advice and help with the cars we all love. That is what makes this Z community so special. He will definitely be missed on this site.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, he was too young for sure!

Mike can you add something on the home page to honor E?

I started talking with Enrique in 2001. I was collecting parts to restore my series one. Enrique sent me a message telling me if I needed any help with the body work look him up. I did get with him and Bean Dip over the next couple of years. We traded parts and experience about early Z cars. Made the two hour trip down to see him several times. It was always worth the drive. Traded pictures of the rust repair on my car. One Friday Enrique and Bean dip drove up to check on the body work and Enrique sprayed the primer in the engine bay of my car. Like Arne I am just far enough away that getting together as often as we like was hard to do. Always looked forward to the Canby shows and the procession of Z cars in to the fairgrounds. I will truly miss our gatherings and friend ship.

Hi all,

I was shocked by the death at a relatively young age of our friend Enrique Escanlon. When I went to add my sympathies etc. the thread had been closed. Why? Were there snarky comments? It seems wrong to close the thread without letting more of us write our thoughts about a guy who helped a lot of us. Would one of the admins please address this issue? I would appreciate it. He was a terrific guy who I never met except here, and he saved me so much agro working on my zed. I wish I had thanked him. Peace E.

Cheers, Mike