IGNORED

280z - Hidden/secret/weed compartment?

RT Hunter

I risked my life in the snow storm we had going out to the car barn to get these photos, so I hope they benefit.

The first photo shows the forward supports reversed.

The second shows the left panel in place with the cutout for the tire

The third photo shows how the sheet metal screw that holds the panel in place, and the screws used to attach the luggage straps.

the fourth photo us what you see when you lift the deck.

FWIW, there aren't any "secret" or "hidden" compartments in an S30, unless you take out the side panel where the radio antenna is, which takes about 15 minutes to do, so it's worthless, and the antenna is there anyway.

post-2169-14150822523168_thumb.jpg

post-2169-14150822523644_thumb.jpg

post-2169-14150822524103_thumb.jpg

post-2169-14150822524564_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomoHawk
  • Like 1

It was my quality front-wheel-drive Ford that made it through the 2 inches of fresh powder to the barn.

BTW- I have a custom carpet for the back, and it goes under the metal strip at the front. I need to make a long screw to hold the tire in place.

I don't really store much in the tool boxes other than a quart of oil, and jumper cables. If I go on a long trip, I might take a bottle of steering fluid, some transmission fluid, and a jug of coolant mix (behind the seat.) There is always a jug of water in the car. Everything else is normal stuff, stored in the provided places.

IMO, if you need all that extra room to store stuff, I'd rethink what I'm taking. ;)

Edited by TomoHawk