IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

It was cool of the first owner to reply to you Bart.

14 years ago I contacted the first owner of my 240 after i had completed the restoration. He was not interested in seeing it, and said it was just a toy his wife drove.

Yeah, also amazed me I got a reply back so quick.. I didn't even count on a reaction to my letter at first.

@ Alter: thanks :) yeah it was sure fun taking it out on a vacation.

Only thing I have to do next week or the week after is to drop the gas tank, and replace the filler neck and fuel lines, also paint the tank. I have ordered these parts last week in the US.

I placed the new brake drums and oem nissan brake pads also. But did not yet adjust the handbrake. I took an hour this evening to adjust them according to what's said in the FSM, and now it's 3/4 clicks and the wheels are locked..so that should be fine.

Last time I still had a knocking sound when braking coming from the rear, I allready had replaced both the shoes and drums. I found that I had to clean the glide surfaces on the backing plate, and put some copper grease. No more knocking since then. So if you have this problem, your brake shoes might nog be sliding properly on the backing plate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. sandblasting them was most of the work. Painting went pretty quick. Yes the ride is so much more enjoyable without those vibrations !

They are all under the car now with the Dunlop tires that I allready had bought and where on the old rims. No vibrations with these aswell ! Personally I think these look better on the 240Z with the fatter tires :) But now I have 2 sets so I can change them from time to time..

Here's some pictures, the car in the back is the Chevrolet Caprice from 73 from my brother.

263wsnp.jpg

2rq0eqd.jpg

Edited by bartsscooterservice