IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

Okay so finally we managed to get the engine running again yesterday around 24.00. It was an ignition problem again, partly coil hooked up wrong, and timing.

Also placed a few new gaskets, and found a spacer that's on top of the valve, in the oil pan.. that was missing from the beginning when I got it.

More to follow on this, we have to get it running for the sunday event.

Anybody can confirm the distributor vacuum advance hose is in the right place ?

r10aqe.jpg

bjhf7c.jpg

Finally got it running right... I had to turn the carburetor mixture screws richer, because it wouldn't idle properly, I wouldn't have thought, because Chris had them on a 2.8 engine ! Timing is also correct, and it idles fine now.

I have to admit, the gas pedal problem is GONE ! It's so much smoother now :o Feels like driving a new car.. maybe it's a bit to over sensitive and I have to get used to it now.

Anyhow it's ready for tomorrow's classic car rally :)

Finally got it running right... I had to turn the carburetor mixture screws richer, because it wouldn't idle properly, I wouldn't have thought, because Chris had them on a 2.8 engine ! Timing is also correct, and it idles fine now.

I have to admit, the gas pedal problem is GONE ! It's so much smoother now :o Feels like driving a new car.. maybe it's a bit to over sensitive and I have to get used to it now.

Anyhow it's ready for tomorrow's classic car rally :)

Have fun tomorrow Bart!

Thanks everyone !

Well yesterday was fun, the weather was pretty nice and sunny :) I don't know where to find pictures of the event yet, but I guess they will show up later this week. Although this was the first time they held this event, it went pretty good.

A lot of people where looking at the car, don't see an old Z that often here !

I made a picture of the car this morning as it sits :)

2j2srnp.jpg

5rxc7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...