IGNORED

240z Inspection Light Source?

ksbeta

Not yet, I called in today and it wasnt in yet. He did get a message from the warehouse that my brake master cylinder repair kit was on back order. The other parts were on their way.

Dave is pretty good at tracking parts down. My friend has a fairlady roadster with SR20DE powerplant. His local Nissan dealer couldnt get some parts for the distributor and Dave found them in Japan.

Ill keep you posted.

Chas

Thanks Chas - Forgive me, this might be obvious and I missed it: Who is Dave?

I use to get parts at my local nissan dealer, but he claimed almost everything I wanted was NLA. A workmate pointed me to another dealer. Dave works in the parts service and is a oldtimer freak with his share of old cars. He has built up his own contact network restoring his own car and Ive got to know him well. If he cant get it then I beleive its NLA. Hope he can still get it.

Chas

The 10W00 is the P/N for the Datsun 720 Truck. It supersedes P/N 26740-89904. I believe the P/N you're referencing is likely the 240z P/N. Same part, different numbers for different applications. Someone else would have to explain the "why" behind that.

The 10W00 is the P/N for the Datsun 720 Truck. It supersedes P/N 26740-89904. I believe the P/N you're referencing is likely the 240z P/N. Same part, different numbers for different applications. Someone else would have to explain the "why" behind that.

Normally the E-Fast database shows the new part number and former. I can only find the "former" number. The Nissan dealer pointed me to the 720 truck part number.

I was just wondering why Nissan didnt add it to the 240Z - 280Z parts cat. Would have same time searching. Maybe its because it was an option in the Z's?

post-26512-1415082255159_thumb.jpg

If a new lens is needed apparently one can be made by sawing off the bottom rounded end of an empty energy drink tube someone gave me. Unfortunately I don't know the kind of drink it was but I will get that this week from the guy who gave me the empties. The old lens per my measurement is 32.53 MM in DIA and the energy drink tube is 33.78 MM in DIA if I am reading the caliper right. The new lens material can be ground with a bench grinder where the retaining tabs are on the metal body for a tight fit so it won't fall off though there are variations on this idea. One of you may have a better idea on how to captivate the lens that is more like how the original mounted than what I came up with. I plan on sharing anything further on this VIA my blog when I get done with it in case anyone else wants to try this. The old lens shown here and the two engine bay light assemblies came from JY 280ZX's; my car is missing this item. The pictures vary in brightness but were adjusted for maximum readability of the caliper.

Mike

New lens material and old lens:

post-18366-14150822552454_thumb.jpg

New lens material measures 33.78 DIA:

post-18366-14150822552986_thumb.jpg

Old lens measures 32.53 MM DIA:

post-18366-141508225535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikes Z car