IGNORED

Homeboyx's 280z Thread

Homeboyx

Hi EuroDat,

Thanks for posting Photo.

I can't say Type1 Airdam cover bottom of crossmember or not. However, there are so many people put 240z type1 airdam onto 280z.

When I install Xenon Airdam to my 240z, I remove front balences.

I will install Type1 240z airdam onto my 280z soon.

Finally was able to upload a damn video of this thing.

Have no idea why the audio is so crappy, kind of reminds me of going into adrenaline mode on some old call of duty game... or was it medal of honor? :LOL:

Video does no justice on how cool the damn engine sounds in real life!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6eJq-vpC-zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The video sound quality is not too good, but every now and then it clears up. Engines sounds good. It idles smooth, going by the "mobile not rattling of the fender test" LOL

Goodluck searching for a fender. It shouldnt be to hard to find one because all three models had the same fenders.

Chas

Its being a bit harder than expected finding one in good condition for a good price. Everyone is selling them for the price of gold it seems knowing that new ones are available for $200. LOL Man.. this sucks..

Edited by Homeboyx

If I could get one for 200 bucks I wouldnt be complaining, but then I have shipping (generally more than the item itself) and I have to support our government in the way of taxes and import duties to deal with.:sick:

Yeah it's crazy taxes.. I bought dovetails from UK and US... you'd say UK is cheaper, but they where twice as expensive due taxes.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had some time for the old girl today. :)

It was filthy before, so I took a screwdriver to loosen the stuck on dirt and simply brushed it away with a hand broom. I should've taken a before picture..

SAM_0439_zps4fbdb30e.jpg

Some close ups.

A bolt decided to snap somewhere around here.

SAM_0440_zps0dde17fa.jpg

SAM_0441_zps03a45275.jpg

Damage report

SAM_0442_zps72a84dca.jpg

Yes... that's a neon light. LOL

SAM_0443_zps0533c1c6.jpg

SAM_0444_zps9f007610.jpg

SAM_0445_zps4977eb54.jpg

Managed to slap on the fender but sun went down before I had time to take some pictures.. so I'll take some next time I have time. :)

How she sits now.. nice and purrty(er)

SAM_0446_zps3a92c62e.jpg

SAM_0447_zps434ea55d.jpg

The fender I picked up was gray in color, I wasn't really wanting to painted but my brother suggested I should paint it.. so I did.

Not too shabby. Not proffessional quality since you can see all the sanding scratches and some filler primer cracking up close.. but it's good enough for now imo. :D

SAM_0448_zps98e4f29a.jpg

Also trying to decide on what to do with the front end.. Here are my possible options.

1) Buy a 280z front air dam and call it a day.

2) Buy a 280z front air damn AND a 240z front bumper.

3) Buy a 240z front bumper, 240z front air dam AND 240z front turn signals and make it work.

4) same as #2 but with an added 240z rear bumper.

5) same as #3 but with an added 240z bumper.

6) Leave it as is.

Included in the first 3 options is the obvious removal of the rear bumper also.

SAM_0449_zpsdd89a2e9.jpg

The front-right wheel looks like it still has excessive positive camber. I suspect either frame or strut tower misalignment. It would be wise to measure things up and make sure your chassis is straight before spending money elsewhere.

LeonV: I think it's just because I haven't moved it after dropping it off the jack stands. It did straightened out some after I took it for a spin.

=============================================================

So after finally taking it for a quick spin around the block.. I was happy. :D

SAM_0455_zpscb52dd6a.jpg

I couldn't stop smiling.

SAM_0456_zpsc3e27072.jpg

SAM_0459_zpseef29c8a.jpg

SAM_0460_zpsdcb59c5a.jpg