IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

Started cleaning the top of the 280's engine. Took my time and zinc and cad coated (Caswell Plating Kit) the parts that needed it. I did not have the capability to do the fuel lines so I painted them high temp silver.

All of my connectors to the injectors are on their last legs (very fragile) where they have the little wires that connect to the plugs on the injectors.

Before [ATTACH=CONFIG]61410[/ATTACH] During [ATTACH=CONFIG]61411[/ATTACH] After [ATTACH=CONFIG]61412[/ATTACH]

The great thing is after charging the battery for one night it started right up. I was very happy.:classic:

Mgood - looks like a million bucks in there! super awesome.

Yesterday I finally installed a 240z bumper! loving it.

Front bumper! | the DAILY DATSUN

Installed side marker gaskets since my car was missing them, attached is before and after pics

next i tried to install new hood adjuster bumper however the original ones was so stuck that i couldn't open them and after some tries i broke one :ermm:

now half of it is inside and i have no idea what to do!!!

post-29072-14150823252657_thumb.jpg

post-29072-14150823252947_thumb.jpg

post-29072-14150823253166_thumb.jpg

post-29072-14150823253364_thumb.jpg

very frustrating getting the washer,lock washer and nut onto the rear bolt. awkward hand postion and not easy to get at. must have dropped the washers and nut 50 times. :tapemouth very difficult to manage with one hand. almost resorted to using grease to hold the washers in place but persevered and finally got the nut threaded. one down. the other one was easier, only dropped the washers and nut 40 times. next, the driver seat.

I wonder if a magnet would help hold the seat mounting nuts on by putting a magnet on top of the bolt, if that area can be reached? Or maybe magnetize the nuts and washers by briefly dragging them across a magnet.

I added a second hood release cable in case the original breaks. After I bought my car 4 years ago I read what others had gone through to get the hood to release after their cable broke so I have been driving with the hood ajar (until today).

I wonder if a magnet would help hold the seat mounting nuts on by putting a magnet on top of the bolt, if that area can be reached? Or maybe magnetize the nuts and washers by briefly dragging them across a magnet.

I added a second hood release cable in case the original breaks. After I bought my car 4 years ago I read what others had gone through to get the hood to release after their cable broke so I have been driving with the hood ajar (until today).

maybe i'll try that. the rear bolt is kinda in a cubby hole and there's little room even to get the nut threaded.