IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

yeah that's exactly how i do it. currently have a big package from Japan on the way. but i think next big thing i need are the bodyparts, so i can get that damn chassis done. somehow doesn't make sense to spend money on cool blingy performance stuf while the chassis is rotting away in the rain. but i just got some good news and i'll try my best to get the chassis work started this year :)

Indeed - the car had no sunroof and was covered with a plastic-cover which blew away after a few weeks so the car stoud there with a lot of rain and snow inside several months. but it was inteded to buy it as a parts donor and it got exactly what i need for the other car (raer panel and front end) so i'm pretty happy with it, particularly because it was damn cheap :)

Don't know if you intended to eliminate the sun roof or not - but here is a very good Thread related to replacing the roof to eliminate a sun roof. Sounds like you have a good doner

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/body-paint-s30/30409-successful-skin-graft-roof-skin.html

FWIW,

Carl B.

Here we go, another piece of the puzzle arrived: A Koyorad Japan (Koyo) Aluminum Racing radiator. The great thing compared to the OEM Radiator is that this one is a bit thicker and has a crossflow-design which means better cooling efficiency. Also i was impressed about the weight. this thing is about 1/4 the wheight of the OEM Item. Great bang-for-the-Buck deal in my opinion!

P1080332-Kopie.jpg

typical japanese manufacturing quality:

P1080333-Kopie.jpg

Also had to buy a koyo radiator cap because the OEM cap would not fit:

P1080331-Kopie.jpg

have some other news soon, but it's currently just a bit too cold out in the garage :)

yeah kind of :D i try to get some stuff done soon, but if you read my blog on JDMjunkies.ch | JDM streetlife Switzerland you see i also have other car projects im currently working on in the meantime.also it's snowy outside and really freezy in the garage. and last but not least im looking for a good body guy ( i already have a few options but just got in contact with an even cooler guy :D) and i can't do a lot more on the body right now. but still need to collect a few parts, so bodywork is a bit stuck until i have all the parts and can hand it to a proper bodyshop :) still have a ton of work to be done, so don't worry, as soon as it get's over 5°C i'll head out back in the garage :)

• 2 weeks later...