IGNORED

Updated pictures of my ride.

Hi Carl,

This is David. Yes, you hooked me up with Jim, the previous owner of the car back in 2003. I met you here on ClassicZcars and also at the Zvention in Daytona in 2007. I thanked you in person then for helping me find such a sweet car. I knew if I had told you back then that I had planned to "Highly Modify" the car, you might not have turned me on to it. LOL.

I spent many thousands of dollars turning it from a sweet underpowered Z into a 21st Century Supercar.

Here is the picture I think you are remembering.

6269300001_large.jpg

I recently got separated from an almost 20 year marriage and found that I had lost interest in the Z and it sat, unloved in my garage for almost 2 years.

Lee is a great guy and a true car lover that I have helped to convert into a real Datsun guy. He is a worthy caretaker of such a special car that I poured my heart and wallet into.

"You never get back out of them what you put into them"

I had a lot of fun with the Z for almost 10 years but my true love is the 510 and I have 7 of them right now. It is a sickness I tell you.

Hi Carl,

This is David. Yes, you hooked me up with Jim, the previous owner of the car back in 2003. I met you here on ClassicZcars and also at the Zvention in Daytona in 2007. I thanked you in person then for helping me find such a sweet car. I knew if I had told you back then that I had planned to "Highly Modify" the car, you might not have turned me on to it. LOL.

Hi David:

Great to hear from you.

Here is the picture I think you are remembering.

Yes - that is the picture.

I recently got separated from an almost 20 year marriage and found that I had lost interest in the Z and it sat, unloved in my garage for almost 2 years.

Been there - Done that. That was when I bought the Ferrari. Now on my second marriage for the past 24 years. Looking back I wouldn't change a thing! Most guys are lucky if they find one good wife - I've had twoLOL

I had a lot of fun with the Z for almost 10 years but my true love is the 510 and I have 7 of them right now. It is a sickness I tell you.

There is what looks like a very nice 72 510 4 dr. - in Washington. Dark Green - with 54 miles... You should add that one. Might as well have 8.

take care

Carl B.

• 1 month later...

Interesting note/ update on my Z, in 1996 when the then owner, former editor for one of the Petersen Publishing Car Magazine's who order the restoration to be done by ...Pierre Z... in the City of Angels. This Cali, low mileage Z was a candidate for the Datsun/Nissan ''Factory/Dealer'' restoration program. I had a lucky converse with J R a few days ago, who shared with me on how he got his hand on this silver Z, do the connection of his office with the well known Z shop , while on a personal visit to Pierre's facility and him wanting to have a looker BSP Solo ll Z racer, this S30 had the proper bones to satisfy his order. I updated him on the work done to this Z and his response was''that suspension work plus the body restoration are a perfect foundation to that well executed transplant'' :cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

http://coolmaterial.com/roundup/classic-cars-that-define-cool/ I came across this, and this is the proper thread ,my Z as a model on this list off Classics Kool Cars...:cool: ..... And a recent picture with a Z brother, car was restored in 1996,picture used on list 2007,my pic Aug 2012,she still shines. ;)..[ATTACH=CONFIG]55898[/ATTACH

post-25833-14150820150935_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72 OJ

• 3 weeks later...