IGNORED

Introducing my '73 240z

Thanks everyone! It smells like a boat as in fuel,.

They are known for that. Does it smell also like exhaust fumes.?

Could be sucking fumes around the rear hatch rubbers, or numerous other places, generally at the rear.

• 3 weeks later...

Things that need work

-The gas gauge doesn't work (connect harness wires at fuel sender (front of tank near passenger wheel well) then turn power on to see if gauge goes to full).

-Brakes squeal, but it stops just fine (take apart and refresh with high-temp permatex brake lube or similar brake lube).

-Smells like a boat (fuel leaks, probably in your gas tank vent system. have a look here:http://www.google.ca/search?num=30&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=fuel+vent+hose+site%3Awww.classiczcars.com&oq=fuel+vent+hose+site%3Awww.classiczcars.com&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.57254.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.m9cQYDmgN94

-Could use a good interior and engine cleaning (Elbow grease and soapy water first then McGuires detailing spray or similar for plastic/vinyl)

-Antenna is messed up and wont extend or retract from where it is (perhaps I could swap it with an electric one and wire it to one of those useless switches? haha) (find a "car stereo" electrical guy...watch out for idiots)

-Minor cosmetic flaws, when I get the cash I may touch it up

-The arm rest thingy is messing some pegs to keep it in place, but I'll probably just get an aftermarket one with cupholders.

-A few minor cracks in the dash

-Again, I'll add more as I notice them

Things that need work

-The gas gauge doesn't work (connect harness wires at fuel sender (front of tank near passenger wheel well) then turn power on to see if gauge goes to full).

-Brakes squeal, but it stops just fine (take apart and refresh with high-temp permatex brake lube or similar brake lube).

-Smells like a boat (fuel leaks, probably in your gas tank vent system. have a look here:http://www.google.ca/search?num=30&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=fuel+vent+hose+site%3Awww.classiczcars.com&oq=fuel+vent+hose+site%3Awww.classiczcars.com&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.57254.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.m9cQYDmgN94

-Could use a good interior and engine cleaning (Elbow grease and soapy water first then McGuires detailing spray or similar for plastic/vinyl)

-Antenna is messed up and wont extend or retract from where it is (perhaps I could swap it with an electric one and wire it to one of those useless switches? haha) (find a "car stereo" electrical guy...watch out for idiots)

-Minor cosmetic flaws, when I get the cash I may touch it up

-The arm rest thingy is messing some pegs to keep it in place, but I'll probably just get an aftermarket one with cupholders.

-A few minor cracks in the dash

-Again, I'll add more as I notice them

"adieu" I thought I was spelling it wrong, but Google told me it was right...

Well, yes and no. What you're trying to say is "Without further ado." 'Ado' means 'fuss or concern' while 'adieu' is French for 'farewell'. Looks like a nice 73. I owned a 70 and 72 in that color 'back in the day'.