IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

Had an awesome freeway encounter today! I drove my 260Z to work for the first time in a few weeks since it's been pretty wet lately. As I was heading up 101 North in San Rafael (Northern Bay Area), I saw a very original-looking brown 240Z, down to the wheel caps. Behind the wheel was an older gentleman and a co-pilot, who I can only assume is his wife. Gave them a honk, smile and a thumbs up and got the same (minus the honk) in return. Made my day! :)

Arlington Heights, IL

On Sunday December 7, 2012 I was driving my buddy's newly acquired, race prepped Miata on a test drive, eastbound on Lake Cook Road. I caught a quick glimpse of a 919 yellow Fairlady Z going westbound. It looked to be in pretty decent condition. That was a totally rare sighting on many counts. 1) You don't see any early Z Cars on the road around here, except at car shows; 2) NOBODY around here that actually has an early Z drives them in December. It was a great 55 degree day though. and 3) I have never seen a Fairlady Z on the road in the Chicago area EVER!! It was a pretty cool site to see. I would definitely like to know who owns it and see it again up close and personal. If you own it, send me a PM.

Marty

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

On Highway 72 somewhere northwest of Corinth Mississippi I spied a white Z car sitting in a cornfield, looked like it had been there for years. All the corn around it was mowed down except for a few stalks too close to cut.

Moved me to tears. Couldn't they at least afford a decent burial?

Last Saturday, saw a clean red 240Z in the Napa parking lot in San Bruno. Had a ZONC sticker as well. Apparently, I just missed the owner since I saw him taking off as I was about to pull out of my spot.

Edited by LeonV
typo

• 1 month later...

On the 405 last Saturday saw a LHD 350z with the fairlady z emblem on the back panel. Guess there's a lot around but first I've noticed. You can buy them from nissan. Way cooler than some other "JDM" stuff - like a "JDM as ----" sticker on any LHD stock height late model car with 22 inch wheels and fender mirrors...