IGNORED

I spy a z!

madkaw

Looks like I might have to revise the rules of the game and BAN all posters from CA. I see an unfair advantage for you west coasters. Spotting Z's for you guys is like the Midwesters playing I spy a cornstalk

Hey, the Oregoners see more than we do, apparently! LOL

I saw one, I saw one!!! Tonight on my way home from work, I saw a 2+2 S130 at a gas station. I couldn't tell what condition it was in or even what it looked like, but this is the first Datsun of any kind I have seen on the streets in years around here.

For the record, it was on Sheldon Rd and Six Mile in Plymouth, MI.

I went in today for orientation and was looking for parking... well there was no parking immediately in front of the building so I had to go park else where, but this is what I saw and went back to take a picture of it. It is a 1977 or 1978 280z... I am leaning more toward '77 but I am not 100% sure. I saw it had a vented hood, but I have not seen a 1978 with the rear bumper overrider like that. Maybe someone could tell the difference?

post-21059-14150820082725_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, there is no exterior difference between the '77 and '78. If you looked in the back window, you could probably see the floor slope if it was a '77, but from the outside, they were the same AFAIK. The '75 - '76 can be differentiated by the seat belt anchor location. The '75 hangs from the roof while the '76 is on the strut tower.

The overrider was a dealer or aftermarket add-on, so it means nothing.

I saw one, I saw one!!! Tonight on my way home from work, I saw a 2+2 S130 at a gas station. I couldn't tell what condition it was in or even what it looked like, but this is the first Datsun of any kind I have seen on the streets in years around here.

For the record, it was on Sheldon Rd and Six Mile in Plymouth, MI.

Jeff,

I know you are very excited , but you will not be given any points since you forgot to put the location in the subject line. Not to worry, maybe you will see another one in a couple if months , or years or...