IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

PUTUS INVIDIA........................................the poll read it , do the math....................................... Gary in NJ and 5th let me come down to your local Tin gathering, and lets see who's Z gets the WOW, UUUUU, AAAHHH ;)

Edited by 72 OJ

Not according to the poll.

Was the Frankenstein monster a human? :)

Absolutely......a poll is a poll.....obviously most on this forum don't like motors other than the L series in a Z car.......at least according to Will's poll. We're not arguing with what others like.....just telling you what we like!

Edited by Diseazd

Relax OJ, we know you have a hybird show car and we all drive Z turds. But for the most part we built ours.

When Dave the PO, built this car I was there wrenching , his money then my mula now.......................well he farm some of the work ;)

Edited by 72 OJ

Looks like a Z to me, although I know there's a 327 under the hood.
It does look like a normal S30, until you get to look up close and see all the little details. You'll need to ask yourself if you want to just keep your distance and enjoy the overall view, or look into all the little things that might spoil the big picture...

Gary in NJ and 5th let me come down to your local Tin gathering, and lets see who's Z gets the WOW, UUUUU, AAAHHH ;)

I don't own a Z so others can go "WOW, UUUUU, AAAHHH"; I own it so I can.

Frankly, most car shows don't know where to park a Japanese classic like a Z. My guess is that they'd put some hybred Z or one that was heavily modified with body kits and wings where it belongs; with the other kit cars.

I'm with John, although I'll go with the VIN stamped into the body as the ultimate say. And I'll also second everything Alan has contributed. Everything else is as fluffy as a 9th grader's English paper.

Actually it's the Emblems that determine everything!

Love them or hate them we all love these cars and will continue to love these cars. Some more than others but we have desire to manipulate the original(2.56% were what judges consider purist). I guess it all boils down to your own tastes. I drove my Z to work today and its the nicest car i saw all day and its by no means a car 99% of the population would feel safe driving to work. It is safe because i've focused on that first. I'm pleased the cars have a following. Whether or not we like the choice of engines or modifications, at least we have groups of people who have one common interest. We want to keep the 4 wheels rolling on these old Z cars and that to me is a great thing. I hope it continues because I don't see me shaking this sickness anytime soon :love:

Edited by MotoManMike
wrong stat