IGNORED

QotW: What’s the most beautiful OEM color?

Mike

Japanese Nostalgic Car Has Just Posted the Following:

07-03-2012 01:32 PM

The world of nostalgics is filled with bold colors, perfectly paired two-tones and the whitest whites this side of heaven. Go to any gathering of vintage Japanese cars and it’s a feast for your retinas, not the seas of blandness … Continue reading →

Click here to view the article.

Color is not beautiful on it’s own, what looks outstanding on a paint chip could look trashy on a car. For instance, one of my favorite paint colors is black, I happen to think it isn’t a nice color on an S30. By the same token, I think the silver looks like crap on a 350Z but looks awesome on a 240,260,280 and 370. This is a VERY loaded question, can't wait to see where this one goes.

Color is not beautiful on it’s own, what looks outstanding on a paint chip could look trashy on a car. For instance, one of my favorite paint colors is black, I happen to think it isn’t a nice color on an S30. By the same token, I think the silver looks like crap on a 350Z but looks awesome on a 240,260,280 and 370. This is a VERY loaded question, can't wait to see where this one goes.

This. Completely depends on the shape it's applied to.

As far as the S30 is concerned, 901 Silver of course. :D

Maybe silver just looks bad on a 350Z because 3/4 of them are that color and everyone is tired of looking at it.

Many years ago, someone had mentioned that orange was the most produced color on Z's. When I bought my first Z in June of 72, the Dealer, Stang Motors, had 3. I had the choice of red, brown, and white. Girls drove red cars, also an automatic, didn't like brown, it had air, I took the white one. I now have orange and silver. Any color on a Z is beautiful.

Oh the agony of his question.

I currently have a Black 2+2 and the colour has really grown on me but I do think that it does not look as good on a two seater.

My two seater is up for a respray and I am probably going to go with the original white although it might get the Subaru white as I agree that Subaru really hit the nail with their choice (I have an Outback in that colour).

However, my next planned project is another two seater and after years of careful consideration of my colour preference with all other considerations swept aside, my thought is that the Lamborghini? yellow on DougN's two seater is sensational. That particular yellow looks brilliant on a two seater.

Do not hold your breath but in ten years time we might see a photo of all three together.

Regards

Dave

Edited by boyblunda
Spelling