IGNORED

Anyone want new door cores made out of fiberglass for the vinyl kits?

conedodger

Do you know Pete's user name at Hybridz?

It's Rayven14 or something like that. Go to HybridZ, find the interior section, There is a thread about door panels with speaker pods. Not my cup of tea, but Pete is willing to do them in factory flavor as well. $250 + shipping

Edited by conedodger

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd update everyone on my progress. I contacted Pete Robinson on HybridZ and ordered a set of his reproduction fiberglass panels. They come as a blank panel without any holes in them and you have to disassemble your existing panels so you can rivet the door top to the panel. Today, I finished making the necessary holes and test fit the panels... Next week, off to the upholsterer to apply the reproduction Classic Datsun Motorsports vinyl. I think they turned out very well.

post-16545-1415082016529_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150820165536_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time for another update. I had to go rescue my wife. She's a financial planner and she had left an essential briefcase at home when she left for Sacramento yesterday. I told her I would bring it to her (from Reno) but I really had ulterior motives.

I have a friend who is a Porsche Club member who owns an interior shop and I decided I would call Bob and see if he would glue up the vinyl on my door panels that I have put together out of fiberglass panels from Strictly510 and parts from the original door panels. You have seen the pictures of the panels as I have cut the holes and test fit them earlier in this thread. I was too excited about them to NOT mount one up and take a pic, even though I haven't fully dressed the door with the arm rest and such...

Watcha think? Unbelievable how quiet and solid the door sounds when you close it!

post-16545-14150820650169_thumb.jpg

Edited by conedodger

• 3 weeks later...