IGNORED

Carpet kits

grantf

Datsunspirit.com They sell cut or pile. I've got their carpets in my Z's.

Guy is right on this one, I got a kit for a 78 a few years back and it was exactly like the stock original carpet. I really liked the quality of the Datsun Spirit kit.

Hey 30 Ounce, that is a great shot of the carpet you installed. Which is that one exactly? Plush or ultra plush? It does not look like the loop carpet.

Hardway, it was just the standard plush. $189 before shipping. It was not loop carpet though.

So Eiji e-mailed me back. He recomended sectional carpet istead of molded. that is fine by me.

He also said that they have never done loop only cut but that it could be done in black, which is what I am looking for.

My question now is: was my 77 origanaly loop or cut? What I have now is black loop with grey sewn edging. I do not think it is the original carpet.

I am trying for stock. Oh and the price is not super cheap but reasonable.

He sent me a sample pic:

post-17660-14150819254512_thumb.jpg

I am pretty sure they only came in cut. The sectional kits he sells are awesome and worth the money. I put a kit I got from Eiji in a 78 several years ago and it fit just like it came from the factory. I hate the molded stuff, it never looks right. You will be very please with the kit from Datusn Spirit.

I put in a molded kit and it was a b***h to work with, its looks OK, not great but OK, has some gaps in places but works. The molding process doesn't take into account some of the various contours in the cabin and doesn't fit nice and smooth, at least it didn't on my kit, I think I got it from MSA in cut pile.

So I got this reply from Chester and Herod:

Hi Grant,thank you for the e-mail. we have a set of 6 or 7 pieces at a cost of 295.00 a set. UPS. Any where in the U.S.A. is $ 30.00. The original carpet is surged and bound it is pile. Delievry time 5 to 7 days.You can contact jim mon thur fri 9a.m. until 4 p.m. pst.@ 760-738-4296. Thank you for contacting Chester and Herod Auto Interiors. If the customer is not satisfied we're not satisfied.

I may go with the cut pile from Datsunspirit, they are a tad bit cheaper. I have now heard good remarks about both.

I had originally wanted to use loop pile, mostly to stay true to original, as I thought that was what the car came with. I will not use the molded carpet, I have heard bad things about the molded even from those that sell it.

So for now I need to wait for the next payday, until then I am still looking for advice, then install tips.

Thanks for the input guys.

Oh And when the time comes I will most definitely post pics.