IGNORED

Synthetic Leather Seat Covers on Ebay

Hardway

LOL it is a digression of warning that is related to the first post.

Very nice looking seat cover for very low price....careful, it could be like those pot-metal turbos or fake webers now on the market.

This should get it back on track:

Ricer Crowd Down Unda Review:

http://www.3si.org/forum/f155/fs-front-leather-seat-covers-530117/

IMG_0202.jpg

The real company and lower price and lower shipping than on EBay: http://www.interior-innovations.com/

On the Interior Innovations site the cost is $190 but shipping is $25 so I went ahead and saved the $15 and bought them on Ebay. I plan ordering new seat foams from Les at Classic Datsun this week. Once I receive the covers I will post some pictures along with my opinion of them. I am just getting black with black stitching, no embroidery or anything.

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to snapping some pics of the covers I bought off Ebay from the link above. Overall I am very happy with them. The material is a soft and a little rubbery feeling but the texture along with the stitching and details really make them look good. The construction seems to be really good but the truth will really be told once they are installed along with the new foam I got from Les at Classic Datsun. I have never seen a set of vinyl covers from the other restoration houses up close so I cannot compare. Hopefully the pics below will help others make the choice to go with them (or not).

post-26208-14150819642607_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150819642983_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150819643228_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150819643478_thumb.jpg

post-26208-14150819643813_thumb.jpg

If they do not adequately "plump up" to push out the wrinkles, consider adding some high density unholstery foam available from hobby stores, craft stores, ...etc.. This is a pic of 1/2" foam I added to the bolster areas and around the skirts. I was reusing my original seat foams since there was no deterioration in them.

Jim

post-22303-14150819644184_thumb.jpg

Part of that "plumping up" is the proper use of the wires and seam tubes to pull down through the foam and accent the seam indent.

Too much foam can actually be detrimental to the cushioning effect of the seat and in turn stress the cover into premature failure from stretching the material.

FWIW

E

Hey guys I wanted to post some actual results of what the z covers looked like installed since some of you were wondering. I just did these yesterday and rebuilt the support straps for the bottom of the seat so that it doesn't sag in the middle too. In my opinion for being synthetic, these look and feel pretty real. They did take over 2 weeks for shipping but I think they came out pretty nice and the fit was excellent from company, didn't have to modify. post-27653-14150819730767_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I wanted to post some actual results of what the z covers looked like installed since some of you were wondering. I just did these yesterday and rebuilt the support straps for the bottom of the seat so that it doesn't sag in the middle too. In my opinion for being synthetic, these look and feel pretty real. They did take over 2 weeks for shipping but I think they came out pretty nice and the fit was excellent from company, didn't have to modify. [ATTACH=CONFIG]55043[/ATTACH]

The material looks really nice, but the gap between the back and seats looks off. Is the seat complete?

I got my black leathers in today. I had the "old school" Z logo embroidered on the headrests; it looks OK - they could have used more stitches per inch though. They're at my upholstery guy's now and should be done by the end of the week. I'll post pics when I get them back.

Overall I am happy with the product I'm anxious to see the fit quality.