Diseazd

Newest addition to the garage.

Guy, this car is just amazing, nice job. What is the finish on the valve cover? I'm just finishing up my orange Z to total stock original and it is truly a fun trip.

Dan

That valve cover is in my Gold 71, not the orange 72. That valve cover was bead blasted, primed with acid etch primer then sprayed with aluminum VHT paint.

When I was driving behind him on the way home, I was amazed that it really looked like a restored car. It's remarkable that these cars are still out there in this condition. The interior truly is like new. The dash is flawless. Everything looked good underneath when it was in the truck too. I can't be 100% positive but it even looked like no one had jacked the car up using the unibody/frame rails.

Walter,

Here are some more pix of the V70 R. You should check them out. Great car. The suspension and brakes are insane. I rarely see them and the prices have come way down. You can get a really nice one for $15-17k. This one was $12,500 with 81k but needed a little suspension refreshing and will need a timing belt in the next 5-10k miles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14049800@N00/sets/72157629891358616/

Would love to come down and look / discuss Z stuff

With you, I am up the road in Fredericksburg.

PM me if you are down, we can grab a beer and cigar if you

Wish!

Hi Steve....The car actually was a California car that went to Colorado....then to Las Vegas. It had an 05 license plate on it, which means it sat out for the last 7 years.

If anyone wants to see what the rear tail light finisher looked like when new - those pictures at Post #35 are a great example.

Great pictures...

Carl B.

Yes......I wasn't expecting that....I thought it would be retractable like my other 72.

Edited by Diseazd

Wow...beautiful code 110 car! Any history or documents with it? I'm a purist, so I cast my vote with Carl to keep it a survivor. Also, I'm interested in the louvers.

Sorry guys....the auto tranny has to go. No documentation to say it was an automatic tranny car though.....no one will know. I'm going to put the modified L28 block with L24 crank, rods, P79 .040 over pistons. P79 shaved head with the Isky Stage III cam. The engine will look like the stock engine with Z Therapy S/U's......just don't read the numbers. The original engine will sit on an engine stand to remain available for retro-fit if needed. When the engine is out, I'll polish up the original paint under the hood, so everything is original. The bumper over-riders and louvers have been removed....Denver Bumper will fill those holes and re chrome the bumpers to stock specs. The paint on the outside will remain, however the dents (and there are more than meets the eye) will be rubbed out as much as possible by the Dent Wizard. A front spook will be added as well as Panasport wheels. The following thread illustrates how nice the last auto tranny swap worked. Thanks for all suggestions.......http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread40158.html

Nice look car Guy - what is the average cost per bumper to be filled in and rechromed?

Denver Bumper charges $120.00 for each end section and $140.00 for the center bar....... that includes filling the holes and a beautiful chrome application. I haven't had them do a front bumper yet, so I'm guessing $180.00. They do great work and they shipped in 8 days.

Carl may know......This makes two transition Z's for me. The 71 has the vent on the pillars instead of the tailgate. It has an early tranny and short drive shaft. The 72 has the long drive shaft and late tranny, but the early rear window and seat belts. It has the later console.

Denver Bumper charges $120.00 for each end section and $140.00 for the center bar....... that includes filling the holes and a beautiful chrome application. I haven't had them do a front bumper yet, so I'm guessing $180.00. They do great work and they shipped in 8 days.

Hi Guy,

Sounds like Denver Bumper has raised their prices since I last had them do some work for me. The last time I had them do a front bumper about 2 years ago, it was $250.00.

Hi Steve....I guess they have, but it's worth the price. They do beautiful work with a quick turn around. I was more than satisfied.

You know what Guy, I keep finding threads with pic of your herd of Z's in it, and it keeps making me want to take off my VTO LeMans Rims I just got and put my Panasports back on! DRAT!!!

Stephen, Panasports are nice, but the LeMans are far, far less common. No way I could go back to Panasports if I had your car.