IGNORED

KEN & MARY GT-R-KPGC110 replica

MR 240K

...and I thought you were an expert on Kenmeri's...;)

There were 5-speed manuals on Gumtree last time I looked (a week back), one in Tassie, one here in SA. A manual conversion at least sounds like a sensible modification, but you'll need more than just the box obviously.

Passionate, no expert and not claiming to be.. Simply knew i'd always wanted one and had searched high and low for a good Kenmeri or a old hako rep!

Thanks for the heads up, i'll jump on there now and have a look.. planning to take my time sourcing the right parts... On my to-do list is to head down to Otomoto and check out their GTR grille,spoiler and flares... Cheers anyway for the lead..

Congrats! great find! I know exactly the feelings of anticipation, trepidation, and finally relief/joy that you when't through when finding, taking the punt and finally seeing the car! That is a big part of the adventure after all!

you don't happen to live in NSW do you? we certainly need more 240k's here!

Sorry for the lagged responses guys..I am in NSW, Sydney to be exact..

Thanks for the link blk180. I have been trying to hunt around for panel beaters/painters who'd be willing to take on the job.. there don't seem to be many who want to do a propper job.

I appreciate the link to the steering wheel,this might sound really illiterate but i'm not having much luck translating via google translator or babblefish.

Sorry for the lagged responses guys..I am in NSW, Sydney to be exact..

Thanks for the link blk180. I have been trying to hunt around for panel beaters/painters who'd be willing to take on the job.. there don't seem to be many who want to do a propper job.

I appreciate the link to the steering wheel,this might sound really illiterate but i'm not having much luck translating via google translator or babblefish.

Try using google chrome browser, it will offer to translate the page automatically. $1200 for a steering wheel, i know its a GTR item, but :tapemouth. I thought my nissan compe wheel was expensive

A small update: It took me A LOT of searching around but I ended up tracking down a 5 speed gearbox, tail shaft, flywheel, slave cylinder and all the other ancillary parts needed for my auto to manual conversion. All I need now is a manual pedal box… I’ve read that I can use my existing auto with a few mods but ideally I’d prefer an original item.

I figured this was going to be the hardest thing to track down; so I made it my priority. Also can anyone make suggestions as to some relatively good and easy brake upgrades for the 240?

brake option comes down to wheel size you want to run but in saying that i have found a fc rx7 kit and you can run 14's still and are 280mm rotor otherwise 32~34 brakes but need 16's or could go mk63's but they are pretty costly.

i will be goin rx7 way. just got calipers for $100 and the conversion kit will vary pending on winning bid price but around 300 for adapters and new rotors and get a set of decent pads and braided lines and i will be laughing.

rears you can get alloy fined drums off of zeds otherwise go down the r31 disk rear end setup but i haven't looked into it that much yet.

I figured this was going to be the hardest thing to track down; so I made it my priority. Also can anyone make suggestions as to some relatively good and easy brake upgrades for the 240?

I went with the Magna rotors (DBA425 )and the Toyota 4 pot calipers myself..