IGNORED

Motorsport Auto West Coast Nationals 2012

AndysPlit

Great cars indeed, and a fun show once again......But, I do have one question:

Did anyone see the car that won best 260Z stock? Ummm........I am not saying a word for the moment. Just shocked.

I'm guessing it didn't have a V-8 in it, so it must be stock ;)

Hah!

There were at least three other 260s that were stock....and presentable. I'll upload some pics tonight. I really hate to be the guy to say, "Why did that guy win?" But, after you see the pics maybe you'll understand. Trust me.

Yes, it is a very frustrating things at these events, so I try not to get too worked up about it (but I do anyway). Any event that is "people's choice" or in this case "peer's choice", will yield frustrating results. Nothing you can do about it but shake your head and be happy for the guy that won.

Edited by motorman7

I went this year, in fact I went over and said hello to motorman7 (really nice guy) and mentioned that I'd send him a note... So here is my note to you.

Great show, and extraordinary cars. I didn't stick around to see the winners, but I'm guessing that the guy with the dirty 260Z labeled "untouched and unrestored" won. He won 3 years ago when I entered. I concluded that I couldn't beat a car that wins just because it's never been touched. How can "anyone" compete with that?

I went this year, in fact I went over and said hello to motorman7 (really nice guy) and mentioned that I'd send him a note... So here is my note to you.

Great show, and extraordinary cars. I didn't stick around to see the winners, but I'm guessing that the guy with the dirty 260Z labeled "untouched and unrestored" won. He won 3 years ago when I entered. I concluded that I couldn't beat a car that wins just because it's never been touched. How can "anyone" compete with that?

Hi Mike,

It was great to meet you at the show. Glad we got a chance to talk and enjoy the cars :beer:.

That 260Z is Bob Heckendorf's car. I've been to a lot of shows with him and he's a very nice guy as well. I do harass him a little bit as he has the only "original and untouched" 260Z that I've seen that has round tops and off color block paint (wonder how that got out of the factory). Still, his car is beautiful and tough to beat, and I do not mind losing to him when we are in the same category.

Anyway, will try and keep my mouth shut here.

Best regards,

Rich

Rich

Great seeing you at the show and the other ZCCIV members! Felt like a reunion, since I haven't been out to Temecula since Fred's service. Boy, reading this thread just made me breath a sigh of relief. I enjoyed the shows, especially meeting and chatting with Z people, but the show part just lost it's luster after a while. As you know, I didn't miss it.

I'm not sure if the "peer judging" didn't make it even worse this year. At least when it was people's choice, as long as the giving out of ballots was controlled (which they didn't) at least there was some dilution of voting blocks, but with peer voting, it just seems that the club with the most attendees could heavily concentrate the votes. Well anyway, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that now. If I was going to show a car again, it would only be at judged events and even then I think it would only be in shows within the brand or model, i.e., Mustang, Corvette, etc, so the judges knew the cars and what they were looking at.

I've lost to Bob H as well at the Huntington Beach concours. Didn't mind it a bit. He and his wife are good people.

Well, great seeing everyone again. Rich, please let me know if ZCCIV is having a show this year and when it is. thanks

post-14390-14150818667694_thumb.jpg

OK, this car. This was a joke, right? I even saw the owner of this 260 accept his award. Not trying to be disrespectful. I just want somebody to confirm this was the winner for 260 stock......Yeah, I know....I sound nuts.

post-14390-14150818668325_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53108[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53107[/ATTACH]

OK, this car. This was a joke, right? I even saw the owner of this 260 accept his award. Not trying to be disrespectful. I just want somebody to confirm this was the winner for 260 stock......Yeah, I know....I sound nuts.

Could very well be the winner. With "Peer Choice", every owner got one vote, that's it. Theoretically if 20 owners all voted for themselves, you could have had 20 people tied for first. That would be cool I guess. Personally, I never vote and didn't vote in this show. That's not what I want to do at a car show. I want to relax, socialize and spectate, so that's what I did . Actually, I am surprised that I even placed, but glad to get the recognition.

And the more I think about it, the happier I am that the 260Z above got first. Very cool for that owner.

Rich