IGNORED

Zcon 2012

d240zx2

Hey Dan,

Was that the '04 convention?! That's when I met him. Time flies! Feeling kind of sorry for myself for not making it out there. I haven't spent much time in that area of the country and want to. Probably the thing I enjoy the most about conventions is the 'local flavor'. From everything I hear, the convention is going very well. Have fun!

Chris

Dan's Z is indeed very nice and he has improved its quality since Pierre's Z did the initial restoration. Dan if you are monitoring this thread, Great car and good luck with the Gold Medallion.

Bob, thanks for the kind words and the experienced advise you have posted for everyone. I think you used the analogy that "judges were looking for fly sh*t in pepper" and, while watching them

judge my car, I would have to agree. They all had nice comments about the car and I was judged for the Gold Medallion award, but not very confident, given the scrutiny of those judges.

It is still a terrific experience and well worth the self-inflicted flogging one must endure reaching for the gold ring made of that mysterious unobtainium material.

Dan

post-2148-14150820475247_thumb.jpg

Hey Dan,

Was that the '04 convention?! That's when I met him. Time flies! Feeling kind of sorry for myself for not making it out there. I haven't spent much time in that area of the country and want to. Probably the thing I enjoy the most about conventions is the 'local flavor'. From everything I hear, the convention is going very well. Have fun!

Chris

Chris, that was indeed the "04 convention. This is only my second convention, probably not on the scale of recent conventions, but I think very well organized and at a terrific venue. Hotel and track withing throwing distance, organized day trips to towns of interest such as the red vistas of Sedona, and the tour of the Nissan North American test facility 45 minutes south of the hotel which I am looking forward to. Looks like the 2014 convention will be in San Diego, so close that I'll probably need to try again at another show.

Dan

OK,OK,OK, so everyone wants to see the detail pics. Well, here they are. Also, I have met Mitsuo San before, can you tell? We had a great photoshoot with Japanese Nostalgic several years ago. It was great to meet him and he loved the car. I will post the pictures someday. Never saw the Japanese Nostalgic article though. Hopefully I will get a chance to chat with him again tomorrow.

Best regards,

Rich

Hey Rich,

How do you do in the show?

Marty