IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

Thanks for the compliments guys.

We finished off the pillar covers yesterday. Even though I cleaned the pieces down with Prepsol and rubbed them back, the rear pieces had some problems with the finish and there was still some slight bows where they rear pieces has been heated back into shape. I rubbed back the high fill and bogged up the problem spots them prepared them for painting again.

img4286p.jpg

img4290p.jpg

The final finish isn't true to the original pieces but I'm still quite impressed with the overall look.

img4318z.jpg

img4320bm.jpg

img4325j.jpg

It's actually high fill ;)

I called into the auto trimmers last week and dropped off my door skins. The original interior is in really poor condition and it's blue anyhow so it all has to go. I've had a lot of trouble finding fabric to match the original vinyl but I think the pattern I've chosen should look pretty good once the whole car is trimmed.

img3148ic.jpg

img3149m.jpg

img3153tx.jpg

img3154e.jpg

These are the fabrics I've chosen.

img4276tv.jpg

The most difficultly part of the door trims to replicate is going to be the plastic chrome trim. The entire door skins are multi layered and when they are made, layers of vinyl including the plastic bright work are ultrasonicly welded together.....pretty much impossible to replicate.

img3643q.jpg

The new trims is going to be sewn so I need to come up with a way to remake the chrome trim. At this stage I'm thinking I'll take a cast of the existing chrome work and then remake the strips using some kind of resin. I'll cast some threads into the strips to fix them though the door skins. Once they are make I'll send to them away to be chrome plated and then make and spray them.

Going full GTR style with the entire car so no carpet or door badges. I was down at the trimmers last week and saw what he's done already. Looks awesome. I'm dropping my rear seats down this week so I'll take some more pics for you.

img4336r.jpg

Thanks guys. I called into the motor trimmers this morning to drop in the rear seats. Alan had completed one of the rear panels and it looks awesome, hard to see in these crappy pictures though sorry. Alan sourced some 3mm dense rubber to fit behind the vinyl to replicate the original depth around the stitched areas. Without it the panels would have looked too one dimensional and the stitched detail would not be as visible. One problem we've found is that the bright work on the top of the passenger door is damaged, it looks etched. I'm need to track down a replacement from and old door panel...could be tough!

img4410sx.jpg

img4412wr.jpg

img4413j.jpg