IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing some more work on the interior today. The pillar covers in C110's seems to deteriorate really badly from UV exposure. I have two problems, my interior is blue, and most of my pillar trims are warped and cracked beyond repair. I sourced a passenger side c-pillar trim from Japan and a forum member was kind enough to donate a snapped drivers side a-pillar trim.

img4179ul.jpg

Troy has some plastic welding tools he uses to repair motorbike fairings which are perfect for this job. A soldering iron is used to join/melt to two pieces together and create a channel to fill with new material.

img4182u.jpg

The channels are loaded with plastic which is heated by a heat gun, it's almost like soldering!

img4183cs.jpg

The end result is extremely strong, so strong in fact that you can actually flex the entire piece without breaking the join, it would probably snap elsewhere first.

img4184y.jpg

img4186wj.jpg

Next I sanded back the piece and drilled out the fastening hole.

img4188q.jpg

img4190eg.jpg

I bogged up the pillar cover, sanded it back and then sanded the entire piece ready for high fill.

img4194k.jpg

I hit all the pieces with a soft pad ready for high filling, rubbing back and painting. Not sure what I'm goign to do with the texture yet but I'm sure it will come up nice.

img4195ep.jpg

Edited by Adzmax

Not a bad idea mate, I'll check it out. I might spray them first and see how they look, I figure I can wrap them after if they don't look right.

I finally received the gaskets I've been waiting on from Japan for the parker/indicators. I've been keen to get these back together so I can fit them back into the bumper.

img4209wm.jpg

I didn't realise how bad the old gaskets were until I put them side by side. The old set had shrunk quite considerably.

img4211u.jpg

The lights have come up pretty good I'll fit them back into the bumpers soon and take some more snaps.

img4213um.jpg

img4215ck.jpg