IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

out of the 3 i have i got 1 mint 1 and another is split in 2 but i could save it and you cant even see the crack and the other one has a piece missing. will take a pic of the split one if you want.

• 1 month later...

Work has been incredibly busy so I haven't found much time to do any work on the car recently. Last night I finally found time to complete the tail light rings and breather/fuel caps. Masking them was a pretty fiddly task as there are many small faces and lots of angles.

img3983rq.jpg

img3984v.jpg

Once the parts were fully masked off Troy hit them with some 3M adhesion promoter to help the paint stick to the chrome surface and then a 2 part black with flat clear. Then I had to use some thinners and cotton tips to remove paint off the top of the fins.

img3987y.jpg

Then time for some dinner. Troy's shop is just down the road from one of the best Curry shops I've been to, and they make a great curry pizza too! :D

img3985fp.jpg

So finally these parts are complete, they now look brand new again, much nicer than the way they started out.

Before -

img2828ly.jpg

img3500c.jpg

After -

img3996wb.jpg

img3997p.jpg

img3998uu.jpg

img4002o.jpg

Now all I need is some replacement centre caps. I'm not sure if I'll get these from City Auto in Japan or make them yet....

I dug out this gem tonight. I picked it up from Japan a few years ago as new old stock. It suffered some minor damage in storage, a couple of scuffs on the paint work. We tried using some thinners to clean off the paint scuffs and the original paint wiped straight off. It turns out The original paint is acrylic (duh...) so its a bit of a blessing in disguise, I'd much rather repaint the whole piece in 2 pack and match the over fenders and grill. The thing I'm most pleased about is that having this part will allow us to colour match to factory spec. :)

img4020z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my bumpers away to be straightened and re-chromed a couple of month ago or so. They were in pretty poor shape with a lot of dents and surface rust etc. I used the same place that did my electroplating on the headlights and tail lamps.

img3539o.jpg

img3535i.jpg

img3540xr.jpg

img3542g.jpg

img3541zq.jpg

I picked them up from Vinny's (http://www.vinneys.com.au) yesterday and the results are spectacular. They look better than new, I don't think the chrome finish would have been this good from factory! I'd highly recommend them for any Australians looking for metal work. The turn around time on work is generally very good and the cost per bumper is $300ex tax. When you consider the finish of these bumpers and the work that goes into this I think it's very good value!

img4048f.jpg

img4051y.jpg

img4052op.jpg

img4057oz.jpg

img4053uz.jpg

The next thing I need to do its fit some stainless bolts into the reflectors so I can fix them to the bumpers and then source some replacement chrome plated fixing bolts for the bumpers, I'll try Rare Spares or worst case, Yahoo Japan. I'm also goign to assemble the parkers/reflectors and fix them back into the bumper so I'll take some shots of the finished product :)