IGNORED

Z cars at the Concours

motorman7

Hi Rich:

Congratulations!! You rightfully have to be very happy with that showing. We are all proud of you!! Thanks for posting the pictures - there are some wonderful cars there and The Z Belongs in such company!!

I think that most of the larger and better known Concours Events - have the experience to assure that our Wives are happy to be there. Great that you could enjoy the event and time together.

Oh.. yes.... 2 show quality "D" hubcaps for $160.00 - you should count him as a sponsor. ;-)

So what's next everyone?

Carl B.

So what's next everyone?

Carl B.

If anyone on this forum and thread will be in Cincinnati Ohio on Sunday, June 10th, I will have my Z at the Ault Park Concours. It is a great show for both vehicle owners and the attending public. They have several great supporting events. Stop by and say hello.

Hi Carl. Thanks. My wife and I love our wee Z .We have owned it for 12 years now. It had a bare metal refurb back then.

We have won many Club trophies over the last 11 years. Best in show nine years.

We are the fourth owner. First owner was a prominent business couple in Auckland. ( from new these were expensive cars in NZ)

The chap I bought it from raced speedway bikes back in the 60s.

I like knowing something of the cars history.

It clicked back to zero miles when we first bought it and drove it home. We have since clocked up a further 20,000 mls.

There are only a small hand full of S30s in NZ. Few 240Zs

The pictures are from an annual Intermarque Concours held at Ellerslie Racecourse, which is in Auckland, our biggest city.

They have a category for those not competing in the concours proper, and these are themed displays.

The theme for 2010 was Valentines Day. We chose the seduction scene, because the massacre scene was the wrong era for our 70s Z Club cars.LOL

We had my red 72 in the black marquee, with a black background, and rose petals spread over the whole area, where we had six or so other Club cars as well.

Her lingerie was spread throughout the car, as was his shirt.

I was giving free kisses. Hersheys!!! Got a couple of real ones as well.

People seemed to enjoy our display, and we had a lot of positive comments.

The Z movement is alive and well here in NZ

Sorry I have no pictures of the concours cars, but there are very many exotic cars contesting the prizes.

Another picture

24mzzo6.jpg

Another show

who21y.jpg

Ready for another show

24xguus.jpg

The Z Club recently had a small group winery tour and lunch with a Zed couple from US. Excellent day.

Brian.

Edited by olzed

Hi Carl. Thanks. My wife and I love our wee Z .We have owned it for 12 years now. It had a bare metal refurb back then.

We have won many Club trophies over the last 11 years. Best in show nine years.

We are the fourth owner. First owner was a prominent business couple in Auckland. ( from new these were expensive cars in NZ)

The chap I bought it from raced speedway bikes back in the 60s.

I like knowing something of the cars history.

It clicked back to zero miles when we first bought it and drove it home. We have since clocked up a further 20,000 mls.

There are only a small hand full of S30s in NZ. Few 240Zs

{....snipped..ckb..}

Hi Brian:

Thanks for the very interesting story and great pictures. Speaking of Z Visitors - A fellow Z Car enthusiast from NZ, Steve Chong and his wife visited us here in Flordia a few years ago. They really wanted to see a Shuttle Launch, which was of course delayed - so they extended their vacation a bit. Nonetheless it was great seeing them... If you get to the US - be sure to stop by...

Uslaunch2.jpg

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hey Carl. Small world . I know Steve well. Lives in Auckland, and a Z Club member as well.

Yes we will certainly look you up when we get to the US. Thats them and a nice picture. Thanks.

Brian.

Edited by olzed

Thanks Randy. I was fortunate that they had a Preservation Class at this event, otherwise it would have been difficult to even qualify or compete.

There are not too many concours that have a Post War Preservation class. I noticed that the Dana Point has Pre-war preservation class, but no Post war. (I am assuming they don’t mean the Iraqi war or Vietnam) I would like to enter that one again as it was worth the entry fee last year just to sit on the fairway and overlook the ocean. There is little possibility of winning though as about 95% of the cars at a concours are restored cars. It’s tough to compete with the two stage paint and triple chrome plated restorations when you’re running 42 year single stage and thin chrome. Jay is probably the only one that I know of that would do well there. It wouldn’t hurt to have some roadsters at these events either. SoCalRoc has a number of nice cars that could do well. Either way, it would be nice to see a little more Japanese representation in the Post War, under 3 litre, category. Both Roadsters and Z’s would qualify; hey even Mazda’s or Toyotas would work.

Anyway, thanks again,

Rich

Congratulations Rich, your time and effort in the car deserve it. You are very lucky to find the wheel covers in time & a great price. I imagine he lived on Cheap St. in Barginville, right? :)

In the Spring 2012 'Hagerty Magazine' page 11 has an brief on 'Youth Concours Judges.' In part...

"Hagerty's Operation Ignite! Youth Judges have been busy, too. They recently walked the show fields at Boca Raton and Amelia Island concours, learning to judge classic cars while interacting with owners and experts. In May, (5th) the youth judges will attend the McPherson College CARS Club Car Show in McPherson, Kansas, with summer dates to follow."

I will be attending for the 3rd time. It will be interesting to see how the Z does. This is a show with everything you could ever imagine. This year they are focusing on the concours restorations. It will be interesting to see what will show up, as in the past I have been astounded by what is hiding in shops & garages here in the middle of the Country.

Bonzi Lon