IGNORED

Z cars at the Concours

motorman7

I'll have a little chat with Matt and teach him the phrase, "Yes, it's absolutely bone stock" for the next show. Doubt anyone would notice, LOL.

[HIJACK]

Just as a side story, the Japanese aftermarket ignition module recently crapped out on us days before a photoshoot, so I spent the weekend cursing, yanking parts off, and trying to retrofit an MSD box to it. All's well that ends well.

[/HIJACK]

Back to concours-talk.

LOL Don't worry, I don't want to get Matt in trouble! He actually told me when I stopped by the garage one day, because he was mentioning the module crapping out on you!

The Alfa, looks like my dad's Duetto that he brought over from Italy, when he moved here. I wonder. It's the car I spent the first three years of my life commuting in. I had a wooden box behind the two seats that formed my crib (coffin). I think it explains a lot of the rest of my life...leaden exhaust fumes, 100db wind noise, and raspy exhaust notes, in high doses for my first three years. LOL

Your Z looks majestic amongst the others.

Carl

Here are a few shots that have been taken of Z's and other classic Japanese cars at some of the Concours events I mentioned. While they may not all be stock but they all share one thing in common....having a passion to promote the cars we love and cherish.

post-2127-14150818187741_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818188349_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818188905_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818189464_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818190025_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818190476_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818191073_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818191638_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818192192_thumb.jpg

post-2127-14150818192736_thumb.jpg

BELOW: A picture from Amelia - Race Cars 1963 to 1972

AmeliaRow1.jpg

BELOW: One of my favorite pictures - a fellow 240Z Enthusiast {RIGHT} helping me re-polish the Mag.'s - after the car was put on the show field in a very early morning fog. The moisture in the air just flashes the polished Mag's to a dull silver. THANKS WILL!! BTW - we didn't see anyone pitching it to help the poor guy that brought that Ferrari... LOL Z Car People are great!

AmeliaWill.jpg

BELOW: Peter Brock and I spent some time on the Beach at Amelia Island - This is just one of my personal favorites... I was telling Mr. Brock to hold his stomach in - like this! We were laughing so hard a friend had to take the picture three times. The wind was blowing about 30 knots that day as well!

AmeliaPeterAndI.jpg

BELOW: A picture from the Mirror Lake Concours d'Elegance, in Lakeland, Florida. Note the Group 44 cars down front. The TR-6 is the car that Paul Newman drove.

MirrorLake1.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Rich - THAT'S GREAT!!.... Way to go!!

Carl B.

Thanks Carl! I was glad they got some nice shots of the car during the interview. The vice chairman of the Concours who did the interview really loved my car, which is great. The spot came at a price though, I lost a hubcap on the way there. That was stressing me out as the show is this Sunday. Fortunately, a Z-guy up in Anaheim answered my Craigslist add and was able to set me up with two replacements (one for spare) for $160. And they are near a perfect match. I will post pics of them later. Anyway, with the new hubcap, I am now ready for the show tomorrow.

I love pic of yours with you and Peter Brock on the beach! That front view of the car is awesome.

Best regards,

Rich