IGNORED

Door slamming issue fixed-finally!!!!

madkaw

The shim was placed between the door and the hinge. My doors were removed for paint and might have originally had a shim and it was lost in the mess! I'm pretty sure it was .060

I also had to slam the door hard, even though I thought it was adjusted right.

Grab the end of the door with it open and try to lift up- there should be no play.

There is also a small amount of adjustment on the window and frame. I am also running precision seals

I replaced my door seals when I painted the car. Doors were not removed for painting, so I know the difference in how the doors shut was totally the seals, not adjustment. Obviously, correct adjustment is important. But if the doors are still difficult to close when the doors and hinges are properly adjusted, it may be time to blame the seals.

When we put my car together we gave up on the Precision door seals and used some Volvo seals that fit perfectly. If you want original look with the separate welting that might not work for you. My brother has owned his bodyshop for thirty years and is also is a stubborn man but he had to give up on the door rubbers from Precision. The window and hatch seals were great.

Casey

When we put my car together we gave up on the Precision door seals and used some Volvo seals that fit perfectly. If you want original look with the separate welting that might not work for you. My brother has owned his bodyshop for thirty years and is also is a stubborn man but he had to give up on the door rubbers from Precision. The window and hatch seals were great.

Casey

Which Volvo?

I had problems with the Precision top window frame seals and actually broke one of the outside door handles trying to open the door. Ended up trimming the bottom of the seal to fit into the channel and now all is good. It took me about 2 hours to get the passenger door adjusted to close and open without slamming and swearing.