IGNORED

Finally found a series 1 (56k beware)

Ted.

Blue, The white Z in your first post looked too good to be true, but even with the small pics you can see the green and silver under the white. Too bad. But I agree with you, any one of the Z's you posted is worth the money they are asking compared to the $2,000 parts car he is looking at. Ted,you should run fast and far from that car .

It may be just fresh paint but here is why I suggested:

- Michigan is relatively "not that far" from Ohio for a look-see.

- Look at the other cars the seller has in the background.... not a typical shop.... worth going just to drool on their floor.

- But is has no emblems?

304368_12870968_1971_Datsun_240Z.jpg304368_12870939_1971_Datsun_240Z.jpg

304368_12870940_1971_Datsun_240Z.jpg

Edited by Blue

That's a 73, not a series 1.

My Bad...You are correct.

Sorry Tony, Don't agree. That one looks almost as bad and we haven't seen close ups. He should bite the bullet and spend 5-7K and start with a better structure that doesn't need floor pans to start with.

I don't disagree, Ted should spend the money if he has it. But if the budget is $2K-$3K there are a quite a few potentials on Craigslist that will need some work, but aren't disintegrating.

Ted, but if you do the Craigslist thing, make sure to find a Z-guy who can physically go look at the car for you.

Yes, RUN! I'm also from the rust belt, S.W. Michigan. IMO you would be chasing rust forever and ever and 80 days. I bought a72 for $100 that the P O had replaced the 1/4 panels,

fenders and drivers side floor. And it's still so rusty I would not drive it out of the driveway.

Ted, being a fellow Columbus, Ohio area resident (and S1 owner), I can sympathize with your desire to save this car, but don't do it! That is way too much work and I have seen much better $2-3K cars in the area (though not very often). I have been through the rust-repair exercise and it is a long, expensive, frustrating experience. If I were to do it again (and wanted to save money and do some work) I would find a rust-free California or Southern car that needs engine/mechanical work. Those parts are readily-available, predictably-priced, and the repairs are more "fun" to do (at least for me). I'd be glad to help you inspect one if you'd like (just PM me).

Keith

i know that car.

dont buy it. its parts. at best.

i remember seeing that years ago.

there is a 10/70 on ebay out here for 1kish. a few more on cl.

its only 30 hours to columbus from here. come on out.

do you live near a skyline chili? i sure am hungry.

Actually, what everyone said here was what I was thinking the longer I looked at the pictures. Tail gate and emblems through me off until I really looked at it, but I got the vin and its a 73 model year. Thanks for the words of advice guys.

As far as the price range is concerned, I'm at around the 2500-3000 for starting, but I'm pulling a couple grand a month right now, roughly 1200 after bills. I might just continue waiting and save up another few grand and get one of the nicer running driving ones. For example, some of the ones Blue posted. If anyone finds a cleaner one in my current price range, however, shoot me a PM with the link and/or info if you remember this ^_^