IGNORED

Yikes!!! Look what's for sale here

derk

Hey, you see how he blacked out the chrome around the windows. I think that looks pretty good, it may have even convinced me to do the same to my Z. Funny how you get inspiration from the weirdest places.

Otherwise I don't really like it that much. It's like when you make a pizza and try and put too many toppings on it, more is not always better.

Only thing I saw that was somewhat interesting is the overhead speaker console.

Other than that, it looks like someone didn't use a respirator when playing with all that fiberglass. The front end is the ugliest thing I've ever seen put on a Z.:sick:

It's even uglier than the 350Z's front end.........:devious:

Mike, make room in that bush, im gonna join you in diving for cover! ROFL

Ive decided I like it! The kit does look professionally installed and molded, but it could be a different story standing next to it.

Very perceptive of you Enrique, I see what you mean about the grap handle on the drivers door! Well maybe its supposed to be there?? It is an auto. LOL!

The bodywork on this Z is very reminisient of the IMSA GTU and GTO Z's of the late 70's and early 80's (if any of you are old enough to remember them). I actually like the style when a nicely designed paint scheme is added. I'm not sure how functional this is for a street machine, what with curbs, speed-bumps, and potholes to contend with, but I do like the lines.

Am I the only one old enough to remember these "bad Z boys" of IMSA? Man, they they kicked arse in their day. Casey Mollett, Frank Carney, Frank Leary, Brad Frisselle, Walt Maas, Don Devendorf, George Alderman, Bob Sharp, Paul Newman, and Sam Posey. :love:

Come On guys, tell me I'm not the only old fart on the list! :disappoin

No Carl, you're not the only "old fart" on here....I remember the good old days of IMSA and the cars that ran back then...

934's, 935's, 3.0 CSL BMW's.....

This car reminds me of the IMSA body kit that used to be sold, except for the grill opening that makes me think of the fish you buy to clean the bottom of the aquarium.....

Only thing I like on the outside of the car is the wheels, at least they could be put on a much better looking car....

The original IMSA cars looked great, but this attempt is quite far away from looking like one of them.

I was particularly amazed by the efforts to make the nose look something like a Ferrari GTO ( notice the low oval air intake and the three scoops above it ). I wonder if that was part of the original "kit" or a further modification by the original owner.

The wiring looks very professional ( not ). Love that Nitrous bottle ( not plumbed in of course ).

Zedrally and 240Z what are you both thinking of!!?? Have you been looking at the HybridZ site too much lately?

Alan T.

Allthough I don't know about the Imsa cars I would say that the builder has been confused and chanching his mind under the modifying process.... That nose is as flat as 350z's and could be changed to 350 look easily=) He must have been really indecisive when he has decide to go for that gto look in the front part...

Some things makes me really think of the MiamiVice...White colour and wide body with those air intakes on back wheelarches.

I just hate that carrera style spoiler in any other car than maybe just maybe in 911 carrera. 356 porsche is my favourite Porch.

Must go and find out what the Imsa cars looked like.

Originally posted by HS30-H

The original IMSA cars looked great, but this attempt is quite far away from looking like one of them.

I was particularly amazed by the efforts to make the nose look something like a Ferrari GTO ( notice the low oval air intake and the three scoops above it ).

Hi Alan:

I grant you that the front end treatment is considerably different from the IMSA Z's , but it does look (in side view) like someones attempt to recreate one, with a nod to Ferrari (at the nose) for some god-awful reason. From the side view still I like the overall lines of the car. I didn't mean to imply that it was an exact replica.:)

Hello 260Z:

Those "air intakes" at the back wheel arches were necessary to provide for cooling ventilation to the rear brakes on the IMSA racers. Doubtful that they are needed in this application.

It will be interesting to see what the seller gets for this car. Unplumbed Nitrous Bottle and all.LOL