IGNORED

Z's at the Barrett Jackson auction.....OPINIONS

72 OJ

I am glad to see Z cars and Datsun in general crossing the auction block at BJ, more and more the prices are coming to where it will be worth me fixing up my car and getting it ready for sale. Prices of cars are surprising; have you ever looked into what classic VWs sell for?

My opinion....unmolested w/period mods 71,72, 73...510 two doors will bring more money than Z's in the near future, not many out there. I own both an orange 72 Cali 240Z and a Cali 72 510 orange two door sedan.:cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

Lots of good stuff on the web site -

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/consign/faq.asp#4

You were close BGM, maybe they've lowered the fees to draw people in. Looks like the seller pays the fees, probably 'cause they end up with the cash. More expensive than selling a house.

That is the sellers fees, they get a buyers fee and a sellers fee. If you are there (paid the $500 registration) it is 10%. If you do it online or phone it is 12%

They are worth what the market will bear. Silver 280Z and the BRE were good buy's. The 73 was overbought.

Just curious, but what makes the BRE paint scheme car a good buy at $18,150? It just looks like an average pretty much stock driver 240Z with BRE theme external repaint? Here is the auction description and photos:

Accurately custom restored to simulate a BRE 240Z race car. This is a very quick street car that could easily hit the track for a lapping day. Fresh paint and interior complement the excellent refurbished original drivetrain. Great dependable driver. 16" wheels, custom exhaust, disc brakes and lowered suspension.

-Mike

post-9102-14150817561925_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150817562267_thumb.jpg

post-9102-141508175626_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150817562927_thumb.jpg