Sign in to follow this  
Arne

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Rebuilt the trans on my 1971 240Z race car. New bearings, seals and and syncros. Should shift much better now.

post-25174-14150818859973_thumb.jpg

This piece needed a lot of TLC. A PO tried to remove the blower knob by prying it off. He darned near pulled the set screw through the knob. Some people should not even be allowed to use a screw driver.

post-25174-14150818859646_thumb.jpg

I found my heater line is leaking coolant into the passenger compartment today!

picked up a driver's door and hatchback in the same original color as my 71 240z for 150$ last month :) and a rear bumber too!

I said goodbye to mine. I sold the car, hope it enjoys it's new home. I will really miss this one, it was special and a hell of alot of fun.

I traded my orange 72 Z and 510 for a one of a kind impeccable Z, she is a silver Cali 72 with an LS1 , 6spd , A/C and a bunch of goodies ;)

Edited by 72 OJ

I cleaned up some of the wiring on my race car and then cleaned the garage. While I had 3 of the Zs outside I thought I'd take some pictures.

Yellow - 1975 280Z ITS race car

Silver - 1972 240Z turbo

Blue - 1974 260Z turbo

post-4368-14150819045273_thumb.jpg

Chuck

post-4368-14150819044159_thumb.jpg

post-4368-1415081904449_thumb.jpg

post-4368-14150819044911_thumb.jpg

Continued welding up the holes in my bumpers. A bit more grinding then it's off to the chroma.

Also got some work done on the roadster's gas tank.

Dropped the diff today. I really don't think the Nissan engineers could have made that much more difficult... Although I hear the Porsche 944 guys complain a lot more. :D

Got the rear cover off and discovered my R180 has a sort of metal baffle for the breather tube sandwiched in between TWO rear cover gaskets. So I guess I gotta see if my FLAPS has another gasket...

I cleaned up some of the wiring on my race car and then cleaned the garage. While I had 3 of the Zs outside I thought I'd take some pictures.

Yellow - 1975 280Z ITS race car

Silver - 1972 240Z turbo

Blue - 1974 260Z turbo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53785[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53787[/ATTACH]

Chuck

Nice trio,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

This was last week but.. I got married with mine! Completed just hours before use hahah but it was perfect. Actually, my uncle also saw ANOTHER Z (240z) also with "just married" on the back the same weekend!

http://dailydatsun.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/img_30621.jpg

More pics at:

http://dailydatsun.com

I made the 680 mile round trip to the Branson Z-Fest for the 5th time. A very unique 4 day event / car show in a fantastic location for spirited driving, let alone everything else going on in that town.

The car averaged 26.8 mpg, the engine has 11k miles since the rebuild, 5k since the new rebuilt carbs. The 4 speed made it sound so nice at 3k to 3.5k rpm. :)

Bonzi Lon

I took pictures of the inside of my gas tank as I am nearly done cleaning it prior to sealing it with the POR15 sealer. This picture was taken after running 2 gallons of hydrochloric acid through it (muriatic acid substitute according to the label) in four 1/2 gallon applications over two days and a quart of marine clean the third day. Thanks Jeff G 78 for your assistance with this. My tank wasn't bad to start with as no particles or chunks came out, just rusty water. Doesn't, er, everybody do this for entertainment?

post-18366-14150819098554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikes Z car

Cleaned 2 fuel lines - will clear coat them tomorrow if its sunny. Took apart the Assembly-switch Brake Indicator and cleaned all the pieces except main body - will do it tomorrow. Cleaned grease and built up crud from diff, drive shaft, and half-shafts. Will remove u-joints and replace the half-shaft boots tomorrow and then prep for priming, POR and final paint.

Productive evening. Since 8 PM:

- Got the diff cover back on and new gear oil in (Redline 75W-90)

- Diff bolted back in (thanks floor jack)

- Rear trans seal replaced

- Driveshaft back in

- New gear oil in trans (Redline MT-90)

- Both axle shafts on

If my brake bridge comes in tomorrow (it should), I'll bleed the brakes, set the timing and she'll be back on the road again (for a few months) after 8 years of sitting. So close.

Edited by BoldUlysses

I had to cancel my quick steering knuckles from MSA as they are not available for 4-6 weeks...

Boooooooo

On a brighter note, I just saved 320 dollars! :)