IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

My replacement hood release cable came in, the original broke without opening the hood. You have no idea how happy I was knowing I had a redundant cable release attached several years ago. It worked like a champ. The new install went well, but still keeping the other cable just in case. Cleaned up the brake booster hoses and clamps while I was at it. :)

Bonzi Lon

That sounds very interesting. How did you do it? do you have any pictures?

Taz0162 reminded me.. {Post 106} - So today I pulled the Vintage Air system out of my White 72 - and am returning the car to stock - so I'll be refreshing the original heater/blower and reinstalling it over the next few days...

I may just get carried away and pul the engine to refresh the engine compartment as well...

FWIW,

Carl B.

That sounds very interesting. How did you do it? do you have any pictures?

I used some braided picture frame wire and 2 lead fishing weights for clamps looped around the pull lever, routed the cable over to the wire loom tab, then straight down to the tab on the frame rail. It might be a little shade-tree, but it sure saved a lot of time, frustration, a lift and money. After breakage it was open in about 20 seconds.

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150818500567_thumb.jpg

post-11300-14150818500788_thumb.jpg

Well technically, not my Z... Starting to reassemble my neighbor's 72 240Z Automatic.

Polished-up all the exterior lights, installed drip mouldings, adjusted one window mechanism, installed side lights & front parking lights.

Doing it a liitle at a time as I have time. Plan to have it put together and on the road in about 2 months (or less).

Got a vintage Recaro leather seat for my 73 for $200 with Recaro seat rail. I am so pumped; found it on Craigslist Orange County. I did not even barter on the price; I took it and it will be delivered today so I can install it in time for MSA.