IGNORED

Need advice on this 71 Z

gaZdoc

My grapevine says yes...

Your grapevine is indeed accurate. The blue.Z is quietly sleeping in the garage after a smooth 200 mile journey from Cali to Vegas. It was great to finally meet the owner and of course, the car. Thanks so much again to all the advice and support. More details to follow.....

Yes it is fast, yes it is loud,yes the ride is quite harsh; but I was quickly reminded why I pursued this Z.... It is a pure sports car in every sense of the word, and the lines are still gorgeous after all these years. I could go on describing more of the car's attributes, most of which the community is so familiar with, but the quality time spent with my teen son on the drive home was definitely priceless....

gaZdoc,

I think I know that car and the owner, Lance, well. I almost purchased it before he did in San Diego. He kept it original for a while and then dropped in the rebello motor. The paint was all original when he bought it except the drivers door that had a repaint, but didn't look bad at all. I think it has a dash cap now, but when Lance bought it, the dash had no cracks. Within a couple of months of his purchase he was going over some railroad tracks and "Crack!"

Anyway, you got a good one from a great owner that did the right things to his cars and kept them up nicely. Enjoy the Ride!

Yes it is fast, yes it is loud,yes the ride is quite harsh; but I was quickly reminded why I pursued this Z.... It is a pure sports car in every sense of the word, and the lines are still gorgeous after all these years. I could go on describing more of the car's attributes, most of which the community is so familiar with, but the quality time spent with my teen son on the drive home was definitely priceless....

Thats what I want to hear Virgil, I tried to get my son into Z's...after 2 weeks of working on that 73 Z I bought for 700 bucks he said the dreaded words: Dad, I really want a Honda...sigh... You could put a resonator in the exhaust, that would tone down the sound a bit..