IGNORED

200 hp club?

Slap a set of triples on that 2.7 and I'd bet money that it would put out over 200 to the wheels.

Not only put you over 200hp, but you might not have to retard that timing if you get more fuel to the engine. Just curious what exact head is used for your motor Julio.

Slap a set of triples on that 2.7 and I'd bet money that it would put out over 200 to the wheels.

Thats my thoughts also or a 2.6 stroker.....

Im going to try mine here shortly on the dyno. Just has triple webers and an ansa muffler. Spins 1st no problem chirps 2nd and chirps 3rd. I have a smaller web 155 grind cam an a 6-1 header for it also. I figure with all that and a 2.25 or 2.5 in exhaust I should be near 200. Also have an electronic ignition to install at some point (Mallory 6al).

70k motor w/ e31 head stock.

Please post up your numbers and I wish you luck on your 200hp goal. It is not easily attainable and the butt dyno is very decieveing. I thought my little 2.4 was stout and it turned out 155hp on the dyno. That's good for a 2.4, but no where near the 200 goal. My carbs were out of balance and tune badly, so I know it has more, but 200 would feel amazing. can't imagine I would need a V-8 after that.LOL

I've seen a 2.4L L6 engine make 208hp on a SAE certified engine dyno running a "stock" cam, SU carbs, headers, and a good ignition. That's a $6,500 road racing ITS engine build. For these L6 engines, its not about the parts, its about the care and effort put into the build. That's why professional engine builders like Rebello, Sunbelt, Slover, etc. can make more power with much less then the garage builders. Just slapping on a cam, headers, and triples will get you very little for the cost. Its all about the time and effort put into the parts selection, blueprinting, installation, testing, and tuning.

I agree with that so much John. There are installation and build tricks that make a motor make more HP with the same parts. Bore size and shape influence sealing. Building a motor loose so it spins faster and easier frees up HP. Custom balancing and lightening parts helps as well.

Some people say money is they key to speed, but in reality, money is merely an enabler, the real key to speed is knowledge.

Sorry Julio......Didn't mean to sound arrogant......212 h.p. At the crank is different than at the rear wheels. Really nice numbers.

No harm, no foul. :)

I'm used to seeing HP numbers given as crank HP, but you are correct that HP to the ground is important.

My engine has plenty of usable power, yet the throttle is still linear and docile enough for street use.

The Rebello 3.0 upgrade will give you 200 HP at the wheels, but I didn't go that route because it would have required frame stiffening.

Not only put you over 200hp, but you might not have to retard that timing if you get more fuel to the engine. Just curious what exact head is used for your motor Julio.

It's a E88 head. Rebello did their "touring" head mods. If I recall, it's larger valves and slightly modified combustion chambers, but I'd have to go back and look at my notes & invoice to say for certain.

Show me your dyno run......I say B.S. To your claim of 212 h.p........I have 2 L28's with every option N.A. Available. The best we could get was 172 rear wheel h.p. Like I say....post your dyno sheet. Talk is easy....show me the money!

Ok, where the hell is that Dyno sheet....OH....here it is right here...(289.4 HP at the flywheel @6300RPM) hmmm...and thats with SU's not triples...The next morning when I came

to pickup my engine from Dave, he was dyno running another guys 3.2 stroker with triple mukuni's and he was hitting 318HP....

IMAG0276.jpg

Here's my dyno sheet. Rebello 2.7 L "Classic" stroker upgrade, 10:1 compression, Rebello "touring" head mods w/ moderately aggressive stage 2 cam, , 2.5" exhaust and stock carbs with SM needles & Pertronix ignition.

As you say, dyno sheets don't lie. Look at 5000 RPM. With the flat torque curve, it's very easy to drive on the street. Yes, it's measured at the crank. So when you calling Rebello?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49802[/ATTACH]

Have you dyno'd your Z with measurements to the wheels - just wondering?

Horsepower numbers...

My racing 3L made 325 hp on Kinetic/Sunbelt's SAE certified engine dyno. It made those numbers repeatedly on different days. The engine was shipped out here to SoCal and put in my race car. Jim Thompson came out and we spend 1/2 a day verifying the installation at Superior Automotive's chassis dyno in Anaheim. 282hp to the rear wheels is what we measured. We did some tweaks to the install due to some cooling concerns and went back the next day. 294 hp to the wheels with no changes to the tune, fuel, etc. The car did not magically pick up 12 horsepower.