IGNORED

200 hp club?

Show me your dyno run......I say B.S. To your claim of 212 h.p........I have 2 L28's with every option N.A. Available. The best we could get was 172 rear wheel h.p. Like I say....post your dyno sheet. Talk is easy....show me the money!

Edited by Diseazd

Wow, Rebello is BS now. You really think 212 HP is that far out there.

I also disagree that 200hp wouldn't be streetable.

Not sure what you mean about "options" on your L28, but I thought it was accepted that hp was was not a bolt on option for these engines, but rather a product of lots of experience with these engines and tuning.

I do think the OP doesn't have an idea of what it would take to get 200hp with his L24, so he might need to rethink his stradegy

I worked at a dyno shop a few years back and a guy put triples on his otherwise stock 280Z and came for some pulls. His numbers were worse than my stock EFI 280Z. The lesson that I learned was that if you don't do a bunch of other upgrades, carbs alone will not give you more power. Personally, I'm going with a turbo swap which should get me past 200 hp without too much work.

I think the lesson learned there is that it is the sum of the parts. Throwing triples on a badly tuned engine or not knowing how to tune the carbs will give some bad numbers all day long. The turbo is the easier way to go though!!!!!

I think Julio's was 212 hp at the crank at Rebello's dyno. That would be approximately 172 at the wheels. A good flowing head, optimized rod:stroke ratio, aggressive cam...I can see it. But by all means, Julio, post the dyno sheet.

I've seen lots of people throw parts on their engines and end up with less hp than stock. Learning how to tune what you got seems a lot easier than "throwing" a turbo on!

Leon, I would love to get triples, especially after playing with my dad's Mikunis! Though I think I am very close to 200whp with my last tune.

Edited by 30 Ounce

Show me your dyno run......I say B.S. To your claim of 212 h.p........I have 2 L28's with every option N.A. Available. The best we could get was 172 rear wheel h.p. Like I say....post your dyno sheet. Talk is easy....show me the money!

Here's my dyno sheet. Rebello 2.7 L "Classic" stroker upgrade, 10:1 compression, Rebello "touring" head mods w/ moderately aggressive stage 2 cam, , 2.5" exhaust and stock carbs with SM needles & Pertronix ignition.

As you say, dyno sheets don't lie. Look at 5000 RPM. With the flat torque curve, it's very easy to drive on the street. Yes, it's measured at the crank. So when you calling Rebello?

post-15388-14150817141195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oiluj

:rolleyes:

Wow, seriously? Just because you threw on "every option available" and didn't get close to 200, then no one else can? Riiight, moving on...