IGNORED

Make a fuel rail

siteunseen

Zed Head you're a genius! Fins work on hot air cooled engines. Didn't see it that way, thanks. The fuel rail would already be cold not hot, right? I'll be using heat shields too, bought a header with ceramic thermo coat, so it shouldn't get hot. Oh the "Shirley" thing's from Leslie Neilson in the movie Airplane. Corny, I know.

Could or is fuel injection used in aviation? Would that allow more altitude without the freezing problems? If I'm looking at the right picture it looks cool as hell but a little over my mechanical and financial abilities. Thanks for the information though. I've read too much on building fuel rails and am over thinking the project. Alot of dicussion about vapor lock from hot fuel so the milled fins came into my plan. Now I realize they're for looks on a car like mine. I'm going to get the smooth "D" rail from Ross Racing and without polishing it, spray with high heat clear coat. It'll stand out a little over my satin black (bar b-q paint) intake.

Edited by siteunseen

Could or is fuel injection used in aviation? Would that allow more altitude without the freezing problems? If I'm looking at the right picture it looks cool as hell but a little over my mechanical and financial abilities. Thanks for the information though. I've read too much on building fuel rails and am over thinking the project. Alot of dicussion about vapor lock from hot fuel so the milled fins came into my plan. Now I realize they're for looks on a car like mine. I'm going to get the smooth "D" rail from Ross Racing and without polishing it, spray with high heat clear coat. It'll stand out a little over my satin black (bar b-q paint) intake.

If all things are correct,a FI car can not "vapor-lock".

• 3 months later...
I have a blank fuel rail stock but need to find the layout dimensions for drilling. Anyone have them by chance?

I have an after-market round aluminum fuel rail and these are the dimensions:

1-9/16" from the front end to the #1 fitting,

*spacing is center-line*

2-3/8" between #1 and #2,

3-3/4" between #2 and #3,

5-3/8" between #3 and #4,

3-3/4" between #4 and #5,

2-3/8" between #5 and #6,

1-9/16 to the end at the firewall.

The cold start valve fitting is between #2 and #3, opposite the injector fittings at approx. 60 deg, and there is a fitting for a Summit Racing lquid-filled fuel pressure gauge near the front throttle rod bearing tower (near the dash pot) mounted slightly upward, easily read while standing at the driver-side fender.

Edited by Willoughby Z
add't'l info

• 4 months later...