IGNORED

Need recommendations for car restoration in Hampton Roads Va

Medphys

Hi all,

I have a 77 280 Z that I am the origional owner and the undercarriage is rusting out. I need to find someone in the Hampton Roads Va that can do that type of restoration. The rest of the car is fine for now. It just passed inspection but I need to address the rust issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

If it's body work you need, I'd get the work done closer to home than Tidewater Z. It's not like there's anything unusual about working on a Z's body, vs. any other body. I don't know who's good in Chesapeake, but on my side, I can highly recommend Auto Haus -- nice work, very reasonably priced. That's probably where I'll take my Z when I get around to some small rust patches.

Tidewater Z could perform the work although it isn't their typical line of service. There a plenty of body shops around, not all of them good. Just because they own a welder and some body tools doesn't make them proficient or knowledgeable. Get references from clients that have had similar work performed. Two places that come to mind for great service is Fanthom Auto Works at 25th and Hampton Blvd in Norfolk and European Body Werks at 3961 South Military Highway heading towards Bowers Hill in Chesapeake. Fanthom performs top notch repair. European repaired my 240Z when a blown out tire beat the crap out of the wheel well. That repair was undetectable when completed.