IGNORED

The great TEXAS Z Car (and foreign Car) rally - 2011

Zedyone_kenobi

Driving versus towing is a matter of trust. Trust in the work you've done to your Z. Trust in the parts you've used on your Z. Trust in the totality of your Z itself. Driving such a short distance will also provide you invaluable insight as to what else might need to be done to make your Z the "perfect" Z for you. Without such information, you may still be shooting in the dark without laser-sights.

I was visiting with Ben yesterday at a small car show. I told him that I wouldn't hesitate half a second to gas and go anywhere in mine. Anywhere. Why did I say that? Because I trust the totality of the car. I trust what I've done and what I've paid others to do for me.

The ONLY downside I can think of is the minimal risk of some road rash and the even smaller risk of a collision of some sort.

In short, there's nothing to stop you from driving your Z except you.

Let the flames begin.... LOL

Well put Frank...

Hey on a side note, I took my Z out for a thrashing at Grandsport speedway this weekend. Have some cool video of me catching up in a a guy in a Z06, who obviously needed lessons.

But I wanted to say that I tried your kitchen drawer liner trick you mentioned to me years ago. WORKED Like a charm. LIke having Racing buckets for the total price of $1.99. HAHA

By the way, my Z ran flawlessly.

So I have managed to plan around all of my travel to Asia and will have this weekend free.

Just made reservations at the hotel and am all set on that front. My wife will be joining me as well.

Am planning to drive, not tow. I am coming from Austin so it is not very far. I do a lot of my own work and agree with Frank on trusting your work, parts, etc. Never the less, I will have a care package with me of basic tools, parts, etc just in case.

Am also interested in a reasonably priced T-Shirt as well.

Really looking forward to meeting you all. I think this is going to be a blast.

Mike.

CALL the HANGER hotel today if you can. They still have rooms available, but they will no longer hold them for me.

Tell them you are with the Texas Classic Z car club and get the discounted rate.

Apparently 5 of us have reserved rooms.

A buddy of mine is going to bring his Porsche 944 turbo, (former Z owner and general great guy) so we are building up a nice little group. I expect a few more to trickle in.

I am holding off a bit longer for shirts/magnets until I get a proper head count. Look forward to seein gall of you there!

Hangar Hotel/Fredericksburg Herb Farm/Fredericksburg Brewing Co.

kelly@hangarhotel.com

830-997-9990 (w)

Contact info above!

Called in to book. Lady answered after a dozen rings, said the phones were going nuts. Will call me back.

Ben (and anyone else), we can drive over together if you'd care to do that. I'd like to leave here noonish on the 2nd if that fits your schedule.

Frank I am down with that. I even thought about 11AM. Frank, what do you think about the weekend prior Houston guys could get together for a group tech session? I know you are confident in your car, but it might be fun to have a get together to make sure everyone's car is ready to go.

Called in to book. Lady answered after a dozen rings, said the phones were going nuts. Will call me back.

Ben (and anyone else), we can drive over together if you'd care to do that. I'd like to leave here noonish on the 2nd if that fits your schedule.

That's a decent idea, especially for some of the newer Z owners. That will assuage some anxiety and build a bit of confidence. We can meet at my place if desired. Get me a list of travelers and I'll PM my address to them...

Frank I am down with that. I even thought about 11AM. Frank' date=' what do you think about the weekend prior Houston guys could get together for a group tech session? I know you are confident in your car, but it might be fun to have a get together to make sure everyone's car is ready to go.[/quote']

Since this is Texas related..... Would anyone have set of these wheels they would either a) like to sell or b)trade for some 15" swastika wheels? [ATTACH=CONFIG]48118[/ATTACH] The swastikas are in the process of being refurbished' date=' I have two mostly done and they look pretty good.

Sorry for the hijack...[/quote']

I got a set of those wheels in great condition, the instert is gold vice gun metal like in the picture. I have the center caps too. The wheels are in San Diego.

Houstonians: Please PM me and I will work something out with Frank.

Who is going now anyway?

That's a decent idea, especially for some of the newer Z owners. That will assuage some anxiety and build a bit of confidence. We can meet at my place if desired. Get me a list of travelers and I'll PM my address to them...