IGNORED

My first Z!

This past weekend I picked up this:

IMAG0790.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

Here she is all loaded up and ready to goto her new home.

IMAG0792.jpg

Sitting at my friends shop. Car had not been started in 10 years. With in 20min of having it we had it running somewhat. Pretty glorious if you ask me. Going to have the carbs rebuilt.

Its a 71 series 1, has either 160k or 60k on it. Factory A/C car, all original and everything works on it!! Im really excited and amped to do this car, the rust on it isnt bad at all with the worst being a dime size hole in the passenger front floor board. The car was a GA car its whole life, I even have the original 40yr old keys and original title!!! It should be a fun, albeit expensive project.

Edit: Got it into my garage last night, the rear carb is just gummed shut, probably why it wasnt pleased about running. Getting it situated today. Found a forsale flyer though for the car that really put it into perspective for me, the car has 69,000 original miles and is all original. Im not sure what to do at this point.

• Like 1

Welcome. Consider dropping by the meetings for the Georgia Z Club. You can get the details at the link below. Eddie Radatz owns a shop that specializes in S30, S130 & Z31s, and he is a regular at the meetings.

As for what to do first, I suggest taking care of the safety items: brakes, tires, body inspection for rust, etc. That way you can determine if you want to drive it or do a tear down & restore.

If you want to fix it up, I suggest that you determine what you want the car to be when you finish. After that, figure out the work and parts to get there. Follow that with making a budget and comparing that to the first two. Adjust your goals if necessary. Then get the parts and start working.

Then you're probably not living too far away from Jamie, aka KAL7467. He's working on a 71 of similar vintage to yours. You might want to drop him a PM.

You might want to make sure you have oil in your carbs. Don't be afraid to take off the dome and inspect the carb closely. Read the FSM on carbs. The 72 will work for that. Hopefully that will guide you to get it working.

Hooray!!! Another Series 1 identified and into some caring hands. Enjoy The Ride!

Be sure to share your VIN and more pictures with us. As others have said, go slowly and build a manageable plan for your work - a modest bite at a time. Get lots of pictures as you take things apart.

Jim

Welcome! Get ready for a great ride!

If you use Motorsport Auto for parts remember we get a club discount on most parts - be sure to search and find out how to get the discount - it can add up in a hurry.

Yeah Im noticing the little stuff is getting expensive quick. I guess replacing all the rubber lines though on a car would do that.