IGNORED

Parked a 70' 240Z in my garage today...

Oranngetang: I have a extra switch if you need one. PM me if you want. You car is from out of province, is it a Canadian car? I ask because it is earlier than mine (HLS3006513) yet it has the extra emissions stuff on in. If you don't mind what is the build date on the plate on the drivers door jam. Yes it has been repainted by the look of the overspray on the fuel and brake lines in the engine bay.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some pics. Its got two slide slots on the console, but only one lever. Is that normal?

I may be wrong but I remember reading that some early z's came with throttle lever thing and a choke lever thing. I may be wrong though.

I should mention that the cardboard box in the back of the car had a 280Z dash in it, in remarkable condition. Were they prone to cracking like the earlier cars?

If it is a 280z dash, it is worthless. I will dispose of it for free + shipping. ;)

Edited by grantf

I believe the earlier 240s had that choke lever set-up. The real early models actually had two seperate levers-one for each carb. Then they went to one lever , but still had two slots and it was like that on the early automatics--atleast mine did . Enjoy

I believe the earlier 240s had that choke lever set-up. The real early models actually had two seperate levers-one for each carb. Then they went to one lever , but still had two slots and it was like that on the early automatics--atleast mine did . Enjoy

The very early 240Zs had two levers, but they definitely weren't split up by carb. One lever was the start enrichment and the other was an idle speed lever. I think the reason for removing the idle speed lever was because of safety concerns (people using them as cruise control), but that is just what I've read and not necessarily factual.