IGNORED

Pricing 240z Rally Clock w/ Fully Functioning Oscillator?

dhp123166

Your quote:

Gary didn't say that......

Most definitely not getting into an online argument, have a safe and sane 4th of July!

Bye!

Blue,

Thanks for that link but I will not be attempting any kind of repair if the clock needs it.

Goodbye rare and valuable Z Rally Clock! Hello useless pile of microscopic clock guts and sick feeling of failure in pit of stomach! :disappoin

Thanks, Daniel P.

I couldn't help but chime in with my 2C.

Contrary to public opinion I do have 99% of the parts for the oscillator, including the ckt bd . As soon as I perfect the last two parts I can build a complete oscillator from scratch. Also, I have lens, those hard to find knobs and knob screws . I'm not into selling parts but use these to refurbish clocks.

The Oscillator is a lot more than just resistors which usually don't go bad. This is 40+ year old TTL /discrete technology and usually needs a lot of TLC, especially as fragile as this clock is. Another problem is TIN whiskers, look this up as to lengthy to describe here, which is a anomaly of component leads that were not SOLDER coated. This is a bigger problem than anything else in my mind. As my wife says "you can improve a princess a lot easier than a beater".

One of the misnomers of the two knob rally clock is that it draws excess battery current. This shouldn't be a problem as the standard clock draws only 12-15mA and the 2- knob rally 30-33mA. If your drawing a lot more than this then you have another problem.

I have a 2-knob rally in my car and the car is lucky if it gets started once a month. I've never had a low battery problem and the car has other devices that draw a lot more than the clock.

Also, excessive motor noise is coming from a worn gear/bearings in the housing. This part is not available anywhere, here or Japan. This is unique to this clock and no substitutions are allowed. Only the original material used is acceptable or you will ruin the mating gears. I make the bearings and working on making the gears.

Just my 2C worth.

Ron

Seeing how Daniel brought all this up................it appears that Daniel is using our site as a platform to generate hype on his ebay item - due to our "issues" in the past with a previous bid that was a misleading description at best - I believe I will pass on this item and ebayer.

I did ask Daniel to respond to me in a PM dealing with this conversation...........no response at all.

Gary - I do agree with you 100% - normally our members do put members first.

Seeing how Daniel brought all this up................it appears that Daniel is using our site as a platform to generate hype on his ebay item - due to our "issues" in the past with a previous bid that was a misleading description at best - I believe I will pass on this item and ebayer.

I did ask Daniel to respond to me in a PM dealing with this conversation...........no response at all.

Gary - I do agree with you 100% - normally our members do put members first.

You're absolutely right that I am hyping the item I have for sale. I've seen others hype their items here as well so I was under the assumption that it is okay.

You asked me to respond to you concerning a clock sale before anything was ironed out and I was still testing the item and gleaning all possible data to make sure I had all my facts in place to the best of my ability.

It is your prerogative to ignore this item and eBAYer.

And it is my prerogative to not want to be burdened by the subjective expectations of a group.

Congrats Daniel! I was watching your auction with interest and am pleased that there is such interest in these clocks. To me they are a unique trinket when displayed in our HLS30s that if nothing else are worthy of conversation. It wouldn't surprize me to see more of them listed in the near future.