IGNORED

Welcome Kenmeri <3

uras1

Yeh, gave me a good idea what needs doin. atm i'm just collectinbg parts for this thing.

Got a pretty good condition bootlid coming from japan along with a chin spoiler and boot lip, also bought a few sets of moulds but obviously they are ment for a 4 door because they have diffferent lenghts and dont fit mine :( but did score some skyline badges :).

Still need to get a bonnet which is my most rusty item on the car.

When i picked the car up the rear drums where siezed due to not been moved(been told it had been in storage for about 10+ years) for a while. Pulled the drum off and we pushed it onto the trailer. After driving 15 hours home i was keen to see why it didn't run. Put a new battery in and checked for spark and it had plenty so i poured some petrol down the carbie and wound it over a few times and it came to life :). Unsure on the motor condition and been covered in alot of dirt and other unknown crap i got some good degreaser and went to town.

Next day i bought some engine flush and some oil and a new oilfilter and plenty of brake fluid to bleed them. Drained everything and chucked it all in and bleed the brakes and clutch.

I went from a car that doesn't start with no clutch and brakes and didnt roll in under 2 hours of work which i was pretty happy about. Drove it up and down my road a few times and i'm liking it more and more.

Hey Scott,

Congratulations on the purchase and it's great to see your hard work reaping rewards. How does she drive? Probably like a car that's been in storage for about 10 years. I never got the time to get her going, so I'm glad that she's gone to someone who has the time and ability to restore her back to her former glory. Sounds like you are going down the GTR replica road. I'm currently overseas and won't be back for a few months, I check this site when I get the chance, hope you keep us posted on your progress.

After selling to you, I realized that there was a 240K hole in my life, which could only be filled with another 240K, so I had to buy another one, which is exactly what I did.

When I get back home, I will post up pictures of my new 2 door.

Cheers, Costas

Thanks Costas,

Goin to take a while to build but shouldn't be to bad, everything seems to be falling into place with it :). Once finished i will have to have a roadtrip down :)

Can't wait to see what you have bought.

Found a pair of Hayashi cr's but they dont make that model anymore and it would be a waiting game for another pair in the correct size turn up.

Guys, what's the story with the hardtop body cracking at the top rear corner...I note 'uras' car has it, so have other I've looked at. Is this typical? Or a sign the car has had a rough time? Is it something to worry about, or easily welded up?

Cheers,

Duane

Edited by degruch

im not to sure where you talking about? mod the picture in ms paint with a arrow and i will try and answer. might be rust because there are no cracks on this thing, under body is clean as :)