IGNORED

goodbye

grantf

Calling it a project is an over statement. Took me two hours with a few very long beer breaks. Could brobably now do it in 20 min. I did presoak all bolts in bp blaster before work. The strap did nothing on my car.

• 9 months later...

ey Grant, Got a question for you. I just ordered the RT Mount yesterday. Got an email saying it shipped today. Pretty darn good service..

You mention a sharp knife. How do I know how much to cut off the bump stop? Will the differential show resistance when reinstalled?

Thanks Arne. How I missed that thread is beyond me. Thanks Grant. I'll cut about .5" off first and then see how it goes. I bought a new differential mount, u joints upper fore and aft control arm bushings. Also half shaft boots and clamps. I think I can get the rear end back together, but those half shaft ujoints are going to be a challenge.

Coincidence? All three of us have/had yellow Zs.

Edited by rtaylor

I just received my new RT mount today and I hope to install it tomorrow. Kind of a dumb question,...and I may see once I crawl under the car,...but, which direction does this mount install? There is a notch on one side of the top. Does that go toward the right or left? Also,..there is a lip on only one side of the top flat portion,...does that lip go toward the front or the rear?

Improvements from the stock Z in order of effectiveness.

1) Poly rack bushings.

2) Front Spoiler.

3) RT Mount.

4) Plus sized wheels and tires

5) New shocks.

Well, something about a blind dog.

Just finished up on 1), have had a home-made 2) for a couple of years now, was wondering about what to do about my original 3) and now know, not really 4) though 215/60s are a little bigger, and 5) is on the summer to do list.

Chris