IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

Thanks OZ......by the way, what gasket did you use on your 71 with the N42 block and P90 head? Did you use an N42 head gasket or a P79 head gasket? You basically have the same combo as mine and I wasn't sure which gasket to use. Guy

Yeah, our combo's are similar. :)

In Australia, we never got either the P90 or P79 L28 heads. We only ever saw the N42 head and as such the gasket is for an N42 head. What I used was a genuine Nissan gasket made by Nissan. There were some Nissan HG's sold here that were made by local manufactures but sold by Nissan as genuine.

Funnily, they still have the stamps of the other manufacturer on them. :stupid:

PS More pictures of your engine please Guy!

Nice engine OZ......well done. Is that the N42? I'm just waiting on the Z Doc to finish working his magic on my P79 head. Then I'll have to geometry the rockers and she'll be ready for final assembly. Good eye on the freeze plugs.......you win a new set of " Roo Bars"!! Guy

• 6 months later...

Happy New Year OZ! The engine is ready to assemble. The P79 head was shaved .080 inches and shimmed. SS swirl valves, Stage II Isky cam installed and I completed all of the rocker geometry work. It's a winter project and I haven't been pushed to finish the project since I really don't have a car to put it in (all 4 of my Z's have new engines in them already), but when I do finish it I'll pull an engine to install this mystery motor. Good hearing from you mate! Your engine sounds great. Guy