Sign in to follow this  
Darrel

subscription and PM email notification

Mike,

I checked my settings and it looks like they are ok.

But I haven't been getting email notification of PM's or subscribed threads. I used to get ones for the subscriptions, but was getting them for each reply to the same thread instead of one notification until I checked into the forum or thread.

I've seen similar issues. I haven't gotten any notifications lately.

Is anybody else having website troubles today? I cannot open any of my subscribed threads and I cannot start a new topic. I get a database error in both cases. I can open anything that I have not replied to (other than this thread for some reason).

I still am not getting any notifications to my subscribed threads.

I'm having the same problem. I can only get into some threads and I can't access my private messages.......

I've sent a message to Mike on this....

Ironically, I received an email today for a response to a subscribed thread. The date of the email was 5/24.

It must be fixed. I just got a whole inbox full of notifications. Thanks Mike and Arne.

I thought it was fixed, but it isn't. I'm still getting the same errors.

Seems to be okay now except it looks like we might have been spammed by JNC...:)

I think we were having a combination of database and firewall issues at the same time. I cleared up the database last night and also made sure the firewall package was opening all the correct ports. Apologies for the lost emails and short downtime early this morning. :)

I think I opened a can of worms.

I know you're doing your best Mike.

I'm sure you're working to get it settled. I am getting old pm notification emails. The subscription notifications are probably old too, but I still get a notification for each reply. The old format would only notify once when there was a reply. If there are more replies, then you wouldn't know they are there until you visited the site. That kept the subscription notifications down in my email.

Hope you will be able to work out the bugs.

Thanks for all your hard work Mike!

It should be good to go now. The system was literally 'holding' onto all of the email notifications because the firewall was blocking outgoing emails. After today and tomorrow, the system should be back to normal again.

Mike