IGNORED

Another 240K on eBay ( Coupe )

Noddle

the blue 240K coupe off Gumtree was previously bought off eBay by the Kuwaiti guy here in Melb, had severe front end damage. He called me looking for a bonnet for it, didn't have one. Anyhow, he's repaired it and obviously on-selling.

Went and checked out the brown coupe currently on eBay, just before Mansfield. I looked over the 3 sedans he had for sale as well, told me $2000 for the three cars. Says there was another person keen, but first person to his place Monday AM would get to buy them. So I head up with cash on a 3 hr drive, get there, he says he'll wait for the other guy to turn up in the evening and see what he offers! Jerk! Anyway, long story short, some guy named 'Drew' bought all 3 K's, plus 3 260C's, and an excellent C210 sedan. :ermm:

I personally don't think he sold them, I think he's now seen how much interest there is and he wants to hang on and get as much as he can.

Out of the 3 K sedans, the best was a complete, very straight original 5 speed, slight damage to driver front guard. Only one of the other two was salvageable, the worst had what seemed to be forklift holes through all doors, dented roof, and severely damaged rear end, minus running gear.

He also had 28 various Holdens there, varying from HG, HK, HT, etc, all complete too, and all under cover!

I didn't notice this post before, but seeing the cats out of the bag, yes I did score the three 240K sedans - hence my recent spate of 240K related posts. The price got pushed up significantly from the initial $2000 by the time I got there due to the huge amount of interest and I only ended up with them at all by appealing to the seller's sense of patriotism I think. I'd have loved all the other Datsun's as well but 260C's are going to stay there, cool as they are, and the seller sold the C210 to Kuwait for a cracking $3500 before I decided whether I could really afford/house it. He knew where it was going, and wasn't shy about asking for some real dollars for it.

The seller had found an Australian buyer for his coupe at well over $12,000.

At this point, the forklift smashed sedan has already been dismantled, one is an easy restoration, and the other a... er, complex restoration.

Might have to start a build thread!

i thought one of these people that are so keen on getting a coupe but keep missing out would have snapped this up straight away, even if it is just more maybe than they want to pay, its the difference between owning one and not owning one, you can still find bumpers etc....

i thought one of these people that are so keen on getting a coupe but keep missing out would have snapped this up straight away, even if it is just more maybe than they want to pay, its the difference between owning one and not owning one, you can still find bumpers etc....

I spent my money elsewhere, now I'm out of the market...was after a minta anyways (someone offered me a decent sounding h/t the day I bought my Bellett, told him to post here). Swarf had to sell his, I assume one of the Kuwaiti boys snapped up MR240K's car, after that I don't think there's anyone left on here looking for a coupe. Plenty of 240K fans on Gumtree apparently, who aren't looking at eBay obviously, because this car looks like a bargain to me. Great colour too...will look awesome finished!

If only I had the time, money, space, expertise to take on every project I see:disappoin

still on the lookout for a coupe. i'm in the same frame of mind as you though degruch - i now just want something that's already very nice.

going to japan next year and i'll be taking a lot of money with me. who knows, might just come back with a nice JDM model (and i don't necessarily mean a car either ;) )

• 2 weeks later...