IGNORED

Another 240K on eBay ( Coupe )

Noddle

Finally, exactly what I've been looking for over the last 2 years...arrives 2 weeks before I lose my job :(

....... Someone snap it up, don't wreck it by sticking a turbo in it.

Nothing wrong with a turbo, as long it's bolted to a 'L6' engine.

Edited by Noddle

Nothing wrong with a turbo, as long it's bolted to a 'L6' engine.

True...I just hate the idea of a classic 'G-spec' car being altered, when there's plenty of shells and project cars out there. I was pissed off that I couldn't buy this car in the first place, but I'm almost 'postal' after I read Laggy's forum link! There's plenty of us out there that appreciate these beasties for what they are, and they're damn hard to find (almost 4 years since I last spotted a good original car).

Edited by degruch

Damnn, never saw this on listed on any main sites.....gotta start checking justauto

One owner, low k's, and he's gonna chop it up for another replica...get a shell you moron!:angry:

Watch who you call a moron buddy! What I do with my car is my business..a shell would be a great idea if they weren't all riddled with rust and missing all the parts required to build a car of the calibre I want without going broke from buying parts at over inflated prices. Either way you should be happy it's gone to a genuine older Datsun enthusiast and not some kid who is going to thrash it for his first car or ruin it with silly short cut modifications. Either way, no need to be a ****head and offend people you don't know especially when they are genuinely passionate about the car they have just bought.

I find it ammusing and ironic that the same reasons I didn't look for a shell are the same you didn't want one.. not to mention you really will consider just about anything other than a 240K... unlike you, I have only wanted this or a Hakosuka..

Sucks to be me.

I didn't bother looking at the primer grey SA one (Sigma Turbo wheels), or the nice original looking yellow Victorian coupe on eBay a few months back, because they were both too 'rough'...then my job situation changed, and I had to take a drastic reduction on my goal of buying a fully restored car (not that they seem to exist!). I still want one, with less outlay, but missed those couple in the meanwhile. :mad:

Found plenty of projects, but I've got 2 projects and no shed space left. Besides, I want a runner I can use.

If anyone has any leads, I'd really appreciate it.

ROFL

No, I'm good for it. I was all over Adam's blue one (Victoria) in 5 seconds flat...it would have been in my garage right now if it didn't stay in his family. So that gives you an idea of the cost and condition I'm considering.

Basically, I want a good original runner I can drive and fix, not a wreck to restore, or a show car for $30k. Still, I'd never knock back a gift Kenmeri if someone wanted to give one to me.

I'll post some pics of 'ideal candidates' later.

Hey, good one Declan...I check Gumtree nation-wide religiously, so you timed it well!

I guess this is a good time to re-affirm my committment to finding a good one, so IF anyone out there knows of a good to mint runner (so anything $5k up), I am interested. I don't want a project unfortunately, I want to drive daily...also as original as possible. Heavily modified cars from interstate are not going to make it through SA rego, so I won't pay top dollar unless it has the original spec motor.

I'm also looking for Isuzu Belletts and Bellett GT's, Prince Skylines, Prince Glorias, early Corona hardtops (RT50 to RT75) and 1600S, 410 Bluebirds (especially SSS), Mazda 1000 Coupe, Honda Z360, Hino Contessa, Subaru 1400 GSR...anything similar, Japanese or not, try me :)

Any leads, please let me know.

Cheers,

Duane

Anyway.. That's not the point of this thread.. I just got annoyed by your comments and couldn't refrain myself..

Edited by MR 240K