IGNORED

Car Warriors

george71z

Well I began watching it not expecting much, as a matter of fact I was flipping back and forth between the basketball game. I believe it took more than 72 hours personally but they try to make the audience believe it was 72 hours. At least the challengers car still looked like a Z. Overall I considered it a GROSS waste of time ,money,effort, and TV time.

I could not watch this. did you guys happen to see the faces of the people after they showed them it was a Datsun. They were like, 'what the hell a datsun'. These are musclehead guys only, and they only know V motors. The only real talent on either team is the painters. The rest are just bolt on monkeys. The only thing they showcase is the talents of the painters, the interior guys an the body work folks. The engines are plug and play. In essence this is just a build your own lego car show.

It would have been better if they had a V8 and an L6 to choose from.

I missed the beginning when they did the engines...what were they?

Barris had a comment I didn't much like after his test drive: " It's still a Datsun"! ouch!

they both looked like crap... " I like the carbon fiber..." he said. it looked pretty garrish to me...those round brake lights....

the white z had completely become a fantasy car....had no Z value to me.....

It is a travesty to see two perfectly nice 240z go through that butchery!

This and other car shows like it are all crap. I am constantly disappointed by the fact that they make it about the people drama. I have yet to see a car show where I am actually pleased with the results. All these shows are about extremes and showing the worst in people. None of which I am interested in; otherwise, I would watch Days of our Lives or Survivor or any other show that showcases the stereotypical stupidity!

HD Theater started nicely, but recently is getting more and more of these useless shows.

Shows like West Coast Customs, Unique Whips, Battle of the Supercars, Pinks, etc. are an insult to true car enthusiast. I understand why they have these shows since Speed became a NASCAR only channel and I imagine they’re targeted for NASCAR fans.

I only watch Goodwood festival, Top Gear (UK of course), Wheeler Dealer & What’s my car worth from time to time… I used to watch the Canadian show (can’t remember name) and that was rather ok.

Edited by Marco69

I too watched the show and was very dissapointed in how they modified the two cars. Having watched this show once before I had prepared myself that they were going to do some sort of extreme builds. So I guess I set my expectations pretty low before the show started. Having done that, it was worse that what I expected. I agree the opening comments when they revealed the cars were 240Z's were disturbing to me.

We should start an email campaign to the shows producers and let them know how we felt about this particular episode and the disservice they did to a great car.

Off topic, but Chasing Classic Cars on HD channel is a great car show. It is a genuine car enthusiast show and the host Wayne Carrini is a great down to earth guy. The show airs at 10:00 PM EST on Tuesdays.

Edited by mgmoreau

On the bright side, at least nothing was done to the red car that cant be undone..

The only reason they didn't screw up the red car more is the group (I won't call them a team) that worked on it was so inept they didn't have any time to modify the exterior much. They wanted to do some widebody modifications to it. Scared to guess what that would have turned out like :tapemouth.

Is it just me, or does the winner look like Speed Racer's car?

I think that was their design plan. They said they wanted to turn it into a cartoon race car.

To do the "body work" on the white car they used expandable foam over a couple of metal rods, and then shaped it and fiberglassed it. Top notch work.

Shows like this only make it that much harder to get respect for the 240Z and Datsuns in general.

-Mike

Watching this travesty. I am getting physically ill. These clowns have absolutely NO RESPECT for the Z. They should have used a K-car. I just wonder what they do with all the parts they stripped off.

Okay, since no one else is going to say it than I will. Nothing will change my mind about this either since I have observed this too many times over the years. There is a general disliking and/or jealousy (dare I say "prejudice") against Japanese and/or most foreign cars in North America. Owners of domestic "muscle cars" tend to express this feeling more than others. They tend to think they have a hierarchy in the automotive world that no one else can penetrate. This is what drew me to the Z in the first place and its beautiful lines, of course. :)