IGNORED

Period correct wheels

idoxlr8

Except there weren't any 5 Spoke wheels for the 4 bolt pattern of the Z hubs. So those are out...

Actually there were a couple of five spokes available for the Z. Here are two examples...

idoxlr8, I know a couple of canadians have used the American Racing and Shelby catalogs I posted scans of to use as documentation that those wheels are period correct. Something to keep in mind if you wind up with a set of either of those.

-Mike

post-9102-14150813858643_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150813858803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike B

I guess you can tell the Ansen Slots were my pick on my extensive refresh - info can be found in the "garage".

Best of luck with your search - wheels are much like women - so many out there but you gotta find the one for you!ROFL

Edited by Travel'n Man

Looking for some aftermarket wheels for my 260.

Can anyone tell me what styles would be period correct? I like the look of the Konig rewinds but not sure these would let me qualify for collector plate status here in BC.

Thanks

Dean

I have got a set of the ansen sprint wheels. I believe they are 14x7's. They are in really good shape and I would be willing to part with them for $150.00 I bought this car from a second owner and he said original owner put them on the car. I put Konig rewinds on it two years ago. Just a thought.:)

My son has these that may be coming up for sale pretty soon. He was told they were vintage, but I can't vouch for that (look like late 80s stuff to me...). They are chromed steel, 14x7, with what looks like zero offset. Decent shape, some curb rash. Somebody here may be able to date them.

I'd have a set of the Bullit Mustang "Torq Thrust" wheels on my Z if i could just get around that 5-hole thing...

post-15068-1415081386406_thumb.jpg

Are you looking for actual vintage wheels, or simply a vintage look that will be approved?

At this point I don't think our insurance carrier can answer this for sure.

I'm thinking with the draconian rules we have in BC pertaining to collector car status I'll just get my Rewinds and be done with it.

Thanks for all the information everyone, it could still come in very useful.

Dean

OMG... Cragar Super Sports??? Really? Really... Yup, they made 'em in a 4 lug bolt pattern. In 13 inch diameter for Pintos and Vegas. Bleedin' unreal. Sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt. Cheers, Scott

I think Watanabe RS rims look great (Period Correct). Expensive though.

sagawa-h-S30-2.jpg

Centerlines which are cheap and can have very nice offsets,

5482738885_b48169740a_b.jpg

Ansen Mesh also cheap and nice

30hpumd.jpg

Hayashi rims (certain types)

Racing

Hayashirims019.jpg

Street Fins

PICT3053.jpg

TRD Toscos are correct in year but not in Company as TRD is for toyota but they have the same Lug Pattern and they are sexy.

181957_172118799501198_152171608162584_382584_2594435_n.jpg

A set of very rare Furukawa Mesh.

furukawa.jpg

Or if you want to, try this link to my old Forum for the AE86. Lots of old JDM rims and aftermarkets.

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=78542

Edited by tymarbry