IGNORED

Best place to get parts?

Aceman

Hi guys,

Our new Z has arrived, and so we will shortly be on the hunt for parts.

We are going to need the following:

71 Fuse panel cover/ashtray

All interior panels (although we think we can refurbish the door cards, so mainly quarter panels, boot panels etc. Centre console and dash are going to be attampted to be repaired before we look to buy replacements - dash is too expensive!)

Replacement vinyl (transmission tunnel, suspension struts etc)

Car seat vinyl replacement (would want to keep original 71 with vents look)

Front/Rear bumpers (supposedly best place is a Vietnam manufacturer which makes them in stainless steel?)

Full rubbers (weatherstrip kits - I see on here there's a lot against the Black Dragon Auto full kits as they are too fat so need doors/hatches slamming to shut, but then I'm weary of using a Kia Seconda for all my replacements!)

Gear stick & handbrake boots

Full bushing suspension kit (car stored for 23 years so looking to replace all rubber items!)

Brake lines (usual Goodridge I guess?)

Engine hoses (anthing rubber in the engine bay really!)

Heater knobs (knobs on the end of the heater controls)

Air vents in dash (left & right) including cables as ours are missing the knobs etc

Clutch (guessing original as original L24 engine + 4 speed box)

I think that covers the most of it.. Have got original steering wheels, Euro Spec lights etc to put on, so may have some other bits I can sell/trade etc!

Any thoughts on best places to buy, issues with fitment etc much appreciated! Plus, I guess, if anyone is selling any of the above I'm interested!

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum section!

Go to "search".

Excuse the British sarcasm, but that's about as helpful a comment as the search button was to me... :)

Would be my normal first response though on a forum, so can't blame you! :classic:

71 Fuse panel cover/ashtray - eBay

All interior panels (although we think we can refurbish the door cards, so mainly quarter panels, boot panels etc. Centre console and dash are going to be attampted to be repaired before we look to buy replacements - dash is too expensive!) - ClassicDatsun.Com

Replacement vinyl (transmission tunnel, suspension struts etc) ZBarn.com

Car seat vinyl replacement (would want to keep original 71 with vents look) 71 Fuse panel cover/ashtray ClassicDatsun.com or TheZStore.com

Front/Rear bumpers (supposedly best place is a Vietnam manufacturer which makes them in stainless steel?) MSA.com has Fiberglass ones, the Vietnam Manufacturer is also on eBay and they have received good remarks :classic:

Full rubbers (weatherstrip kits - I see on here there's a lot against the Black Dragon Auto full kits as they are too fat so need doors/hatches slamming to shut, but then I'm weary of using a Kia Seconda for all my replacements!) MSA is all on Back Order, the new Black Dragon Kits aren't bad with exception to doors I hear, Kia Sportage Replacements are AWESOME.

Gear stick & handbrake boots Gear Stick: ZBarn.com, Handbrake Boot, TheZstore.com

Full bushing suspension kit (car stored for 23 years so looking to replace all rubber items!) Energy Bushing Suspension Kit, SummitRacing.com

Brake lines (usual Goodridge I guess?) TheZstore.com

Engine hoses (anthing rubber in the engine bay really!) TheZstore.com

Heater knobs (knobs on the end of the heater controls) Zbarn.com

Air vents in dash (left & right) including cables as ours are missing the knobs etc Zbarn.com

Clutch (guessing original as original L24 engine + 4 speed box) Centerforce?

Classic Datsun is very good for restoration projects, MSA (TheZstore.com) is good for both restoration and modifications, Zbarn.com is for OEM Parts that cannot be found at either of those two locations.

Performance sites to keep in mind:

arizonazcar.com

summitracing.com

betamotorsports.com

rebelloracing.com

Edited by spitz17

Here are a few more sources:

Interior vinyl and carpet: Seatz Manufacturing http://www.seatzmfg.com/seatz/index.htm

This is from my quote almost one year ago:

Since you have a 1970, I'm sure you will want new upholstery which comes closest to the original. Our kit with the correct insert material vinyl is $250 for the pair. We also sell this kit with a different (less costly insert material which is a good substitute but not exact) for $220.

The Webbing kit for the seat bottom is $40. If you want new molded foam, cost is $200 for all 4 pieces - 2 bottoms and 2 backrests.

Our sectional carpet kit for the early 240Z (5 piece) is $140 in Black Loop.

We also make the Diamond Vinyl kit for the Trans Tunnel, Riser & Shock Towers / Wheel Houses - $200 complete with new panel board pieces. Also Door Sill Vinyl for $40.

Mechanical and electrical parts: RockAuto

http://www.rockauto.com/

Authentic Nissan Parts: Courtesy Nissan http://www.courtesyparts.com

Courtesy has access to the old Nissan online parts catalog, they are very good at locating hard to find parts for the old Z's.

Restoration and hard to find bits: Banzai Motorworks http://www.zzxdatsun.com/

If you need a parts catalog, here is an online version:

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30/DatsunFairladyZIndex/tabid/1543/Default.aspx

Hope this helps.

Jim